005

__

__

THE MANTICORE FROZE AND FOR A MOMENT NO ONE MOVED. There was only the swirl of snow and wind and the chopping of helicopter blades. 

"No", Dr. Thorn said, "It cannot be-"

Suddenly, like a streak of a moonlight a glowing arrow shot past them, embedding itself through Dr. Thorn's shoulder.

He staggered around wailing in agony, while Zola watched shook in disbelief.

"Curse you!", Dr. Thorn cried unleashing multiple spikes at once into the woods, lightening fast but just as fast thorns missiles were intercepted by silvery arrows. Sliced in two. Zola knew exactly who it was and she was not happy. Yes, she was grateful that they saved her and the others but not happy about who it was.

The archers rushed out of the words armed with silver arrows wearing silvery ski parkas and jeans. Zola could count about a dozen of them. Ranging from the youngest who looked about 10 to the oldest who looked around 14.

"The Hunters!", Annabeth cried.

"Oh how wonderful", Zola muttered under her breath, "the Hunters".

"I know right how great", Thalia agreed.

Percy looked back and forth between Zola and Thalia, with a questioning look.

An older hunter tall and graceful with coppery coloured skin and a silver circlet braided into the top of her long dark hair. She was like a Persian princess and Zola knew exactly who she was.

"Permission to Kill my Lady?"

Her eyes were trained on the manticore as he started to wail.

"THIS IS NOT FAIR. DIRECT INTERFERENCE!! IT IS AGAINST THE ANCIENT LAWS!!"

"Not so..", a younger girl answered and Zola knew exactly who she was. Her hair was in a ponytail and she had yellow sill very eyes like the moon. She was beautiful but her expression was stern and dangerous. "The hunting of a wild beast is within my sphere. And you, foul creature, are a wild beast".

Zola watched as she looked at the girl with the silver circlet.

"Zoë, Permission granted".

The manticore growled, "If I cannot have these alive, I shall have them dead!"

It charged at Thalia and Percy knowing they were weak.

"NO!", Zola and Annabeth yelled as they both lunged at the monster.

"Get back half-bloods!", Zoë shouted, "Get out of the line of fire!".

Annabeth leaped onto the monsters back as Zola tugged on the arms to help Annabeth out as she drove her knife into it's mane.

"Fire!", Zoe ordered.

 "NO!", Percy screamed.

The hunters arrows still flew, catching the manticore in the neck and then next in the chest. He staggered screeching. "This is not the end, huntress you shall pay!"

As Zola struggled to hold him in place she flew backwards but was luckily caught by Percy before further injury and then before anybody could react, with Annabeth still on his back he leaped off the cliff and tumbled into the darkness. 

__

signing off

Thanks so much for reading!

next part is

coming soon