CHAPTER 55: Pregnant!

EVELINE KNIGHT

"P-Pregnant" Xander said with wide eyes.

My eyes too widened "D-Doctor there must be some mistake. I am sure." I said.

"No dear. I am 100% sure that you are pregnant."

A bright smile appeared on my face. I looked down at my belly and touched it.

"I am carrying a life inside me." I said smiling.

Xander looked at me but his face didn't show any emotion.

Oh Shit! How did I forget he said that he doesn't want a baby now.

I looked at him with a worried look.

"Yes my dear you have a life growing inside you." The doctor said.

Oh God! Why is everything happening at the same time?

Xander cleared his throat and said "Doctor is she fine now?"

"Yes she is completely fine now but now you have to take extra care of her."

Xander nodded.

"Here are the list of some medicines you need to buy." She gave the list to Xander. "Be careful girl. And" she looked at Xander and said "Drop that worry look from your face be happy. You are going to be a father. I know you were worried for her but now she is completely fine."

Xander gave a small smile to her and nodded.

"God bless both of you." The doctor said and left the room.

I bit my lips and looked at Xander. He was in deep thoughts.

What is he thinking?

Is he thinking of leaving me?

Will he leave me now?

He doesn't want the child. He said that himself.

Tears started forming in my eyes.

"I'll get the medicines." He said without looking at me even once and was about to get up from his seat when I held his hand.

"Xander. I didn't know that this would have happened. I promise I didn't even think about it. You must be so angry. You yourself said that you didn't want a child so soon. Will you leave me now? Please don't leave me. Xander I can't take that. It's fine if you don't talk to me. I won't disturb you at all, I won't even speak but please don't leave me. I am sorry. I am so sorry for lying to you about Blake and Rose. But I thought that if Blake himself tells you then it would be better. So I was just waiting for him to tell you. I am so so sorry for hurting you. I promise I would never lie to you ever again but please don't leave me. Please. I can't raise the baby alone. I need you Xander. Our baby needs you. I need you. Please." I was crying a mess by now.

He cupped my face and wiped my tears "Shh... stop crying. Ev I will never leave you. Ev I don't hate you I can never hate you. You know these few days were like hell to me when I was avoiding you. I can't do that anymore but just promise me one thing that you won't lie to me ever again."

I nodded my head.

"And what did you say about raising the baby alone. Well Mrs. Knight that's never going to happen. I didn't think that being a father would feel so amazing. I am going to become a father. A father. Can you believe it?" he said smiling and that smile is the best smile in this world. I didn't expect this reaction from him.

He is happy. Not only happy but freakin' happy.

"God! I have so much work to do. First I have to tell Mom and Dad about it. Then Evan. Everyone would be so happy. I am so fucking excited." His reaction made me laugh. Tears were still flowing down my cheeks. Happy tears.