Chapter 16

Ava's POV

A few months later...

"Get her!" an angry voice shouted behind me.

A group of men began chasing me as I ran through the market with a bag full of stolen goods on my back. Dodging people who were shopping, I increased my speed and ran into the woods.

I knew that if I ever made it into the woods that I would be safe. I could easily hide from them, since they weren't as familiar with the woods as I was.

It was only normal that I knew the woods like the back of my hand since I have been living in a cave for months now.

After that horrifying day, everything changed. I changed. I was never the same as before. One would say that I was punishing myself for the crimes I committed that day, and I would totally agree with them.

Ever since I wiped out the entire existence of the Crystal Blue pack I have been on the run. When people heard about the extinction of the Crystal Blue pack, I was their prime suspect, which only made sense since I was the only living thing that had the power to cause such destruction.

I have been on a bunch of wanted posters everywhere I went, which was why I had to resort to stealing from humans. Stealing from humans was another crime to add to the list of things why I was wanted.

Any form of communication with humans was frowned upon and could result in very extreme punishment. Here I was not only communicating with them, but also stealing from the. These offenses could really land me in wolf prison.

Yes they had a prison for wolves. How else would we be able to keep the order and peace?

I've had enough of all that sappy sad stuff. I was still being chased by the men from the market. Using my inhumane speed, I was able to outrun them and still have enough time to climb a tree.

I used the leaves as a camouflage to hide myself from them and remained as still as a statue. I watched from above as they looked around frantically searching for any signs of me.

I wanted to shout 'up here' just to rile them up some more, but decided against it. I think I have had enough fun for today and was time to head back home.

This was my weekly ritual. I would go into town to stock up on supplies and then get chased by the men from the town. I would always manage to escape and return home, where I stay hidden until I ran out of supplies, and the cycle goes on and on.

I was tired of this routine. It was getting old and boring now. Hiding out all by myself was boring. I would like to think that the men from the town and I were friends, on some level. Ok, we weren't friends at all, but they were my only company.

Not wanting to drift off to my depressing thoughts until I got home, I got down from the tree and let out a sad sigh. I took my time to get to where I stayed, stopping along the journey to talk to the animals I met on the way.

The animals have become the closest thing I had to a friend. They would listen to me as I talked and they weren't judgmental at all.

Ok, ok. I'll admit it. I had no idea if they were actually listening to me, but a girl can dream.

Enjoying the peaceful atmosphere, I trudged back to my home. I didn't live in a mansion, or a house. I lived in a cave. I stumbled upon this cave that I now called home, when I was being hunted by bounty hunters.

If it weren't for this cave, I honestly didn't know if I would still be alive. It was my saving grace and a new start. Nobody knew of its existence, because it was hidden by vines and bushes that grew at the entrance completely concealing it from prying eyes.