18 slow destruction

18 slow destruction

"We could train a little," Poe proposes.
They are starting to be hungry, but they have to wait for Finn. They have to discuss some more. Yugantar and Poe hope that he will come during the night. Are there other rooms with the transmission of the cameras? Poe saw that there is. It's unsure. They will have to be distracted or they will see Finn otherwise. He knows how but how will Finn do so? When he checked all the different rooms and the plans of the base, he saw one room. This room had no cameras inside, no sign it was even there. But it was drawn on the map. Poe felt that there was more than they first expected
"I don't have any other weapon," Yugantar says.
"You sure?" Poe asks.
A shot sounds. Both duck and take out their own weapons. Who was still there?
"What are you planning?" a male voice asks.
Yugantar recognises the voice and remembers the name a split second later. This guy was hidden in the room with the multitude of desks. This sound of the people shooting outside is nearly inaudible. It had to be from inside the room.
"The main computer," Poe whispers. He sneaks toward it, watching if the enemy might see him.
"I have asked a question. I know you are here, I hear your mumbling voices, your shoes are squeaking, don't hide, tell me. I want to know. I don't like the Empire, I'm for the Resistance."
"Your thoughts are louder," Poe says halfway after finding the enemy's position. He already knew it was him, L-416. "You're thinking (he takes a pitched voice): 'Please forgive what I just said, I didn't mean it.'"
L-416 moves in direction of the voice he just heard. Yugantar goes in the opposite of Poe's way to see the commander's back. He could shoot now. Too late, he can't see him anymore. A louder bang rises in their ears. They deduct that they started using stronger weapons. Will the door break? Or will it persist? Poe stands up and shoots at the commander, ducks immediately afterwards. The commander grunts, he got shot. But he steps closer and closer, while he holds his leg. His clenches his jaw and shows his teeth in pain. Poe shots again without standing up, he can see his other leg from where he remains. He still keeps walking, grunting and moaning painfully, Poe keeps shooting at his leg. Now his whole body is available for Poe but also for L-416. Instead of shooting him, he points his gun on the computer and pulls the trigger. Then the target changes to Poe again. He could see the gun going off, the shot flying towards his heart. But nothing happens. The shot is still there, held in front of his heart. By Yugantar.
"Move," this one orders.
Poe cautiously crawls back and sideways. The laser finally flies and hits a wall. L-416 stumbles to the ground in a bath of blood. No sign of any life.
Another loud bang. Please door, stay strong, Poe begs. Since when did I start believing in objects?, he then questions.
Yugantar's heart beats faster. The explosions come more frequently; and they get louder. He looks at the transmission of the cameras, the weapons look big, the door remains untouched. Yet. He tries to remember how many layers of metal the door had. Two to four maybe.
"I need an authorisation from a superior to let the other computer have all the main information," Poe says loud.
"That's bad. What shall we do?" Yugantar asks. He sits on one of the desk and avoids to look at the dead bodies. His legs swing in the empty space. The girl seems to be out.
"We can't open the doors, Yugantar, why do you react so chilled?"
"Well, I'm sorry, I'm just pretending. I am stressed too."
"I think we have to call the Resistance for help. What computer did I connect with Chewie again?"
Yugantar points at one of the computers. Poe gets in contact with Chewbacca.
"We have a little problem, we can't open the doors."
A little scream from Chewie comes in response, meaning "Indeed a problem." Poe had informed Chewie about their plan, he was still part of it.
"Should I call the Resistance?"
"Wait, Poe," Yugantar comes closer, now he taps on his shoulder. He indicates the door. It seems like it is failing. Only a little.
"Okay, record this message and transmit. As quickly as possible. All right, we have all the Stormtroopers blocked in their base. There have been some problems. You could miss the opportunity to get them all and lose your best men. Or you could save us. The doors will be opened at your arrival on Florrum."
Poe shuts down the call.
"But we can't open the doors?" Yugantar points out.
"Fuck," Poe whispers.
He sits down at one computer, then moves toward another one. If there is a failure with the main computer, there must be another one that is able to open the doors. His eyes fall on the computer left of the door. It's there to open the block of metal, maybe all the others too! But he needs to turn it on, it's older than the other computers. It will take time, he knows that. The door starts getting more cracks, spreading from one point. Yugantar looks at the videos from outside, to Poe, to the door. He feels something bad happening, he takes out the lightsaber that he took with him.
"I knew you had it," Poe says without looking back, already sitting on the chair of computer, the last hope. "When the door breaks, I will make this computer work. So you get them not to see me. And don't die please." He leaves the seat and hugs Yugantar.
"We can do this," the young man comforts.
Poe already runs off to turn all the other computers down. All the energy must be concentrate on this computer. It's already at 49%. His heart races, as well as Yugantar's. a shot arrives from Yugantar's left, he reflects it with his lightsaber. It was Poe.
"Test your reflexes," he explains with a nervous smile.
But Yugantar is too concentrated on the metal. Slowly, the tear opens with another bang and there is a hole. On the other side appears just black. A red light in a long form turns on. A Sith.