21

SHE WOLF
— 21. To the Mountains

 To the Mountains

    The afternoon, Floki was chained to a post as children threw mud at him. Freya walked over and smirked, convincing young Gyda to throw mud at the man who was unable to defend himself.

"Please, stop it! Stop it!" Helga pleaded as she tried to push all of the children away to stop them, "Stop! Please! Stop it! Stop throwing! Leave him alone! Leave him!"

"Freya!" A voice suddenly called out in a stern tone, causing Freya to freeze and turn to see Ylva giving her a scolding look, "Enough of that. Come inside. Bring Gyda with you."

Freya sighed and nodded. She turned, sending Floki a small smirk before she walked toward her mother while holding the hand of Gyda.

____

     Inside the Great Hall, Ylva and Bjorn were sitting together in front of a map they had found in Paris. Bjorn held a lit candle, giving them a better view of it.

    Just then, Ubbe and Freya entered. They locked eyes on Bjorn and Ylva and smiled slightly. They exchanged a look with each other before making their way over to the couple.

"Ubbe. Freya," Bjorn greeted the duo before looking back down at the map.

"What is that?" Freya asked them curiously as she and Ubbe sat beside them.

"We don't know," Ylva admitted truthfully, "This right here..." She trailed off, pointing to a certain part of the map, "Looks a lot like a road. And that over here is a sea. At least, that's what I think."

"Where did you find it?" Ubbe asked Bjorn and Ylva as he glanced between them.

"In a house in Paris," Bjorn informed his brother and Freya, causing Ubbe to smile at the thought, "Whoever owned it clearly thought it was more important than anything else he had. He fought hard to save it."

"Which one of you killed him?" Freya questioned curiously as she smiled slightly.

"I did," They both answered in unison, earning a weird look from both children sitting next to them.

Bjorn rolled his eyes and sighed. "Ylva wounded him and I finished him off," He corrected himself and Freya smirked at the look Ylva was giving her husband.

"The look my mother is giving you says quite the opposite," Freya pointed out and Bjorn smiled slightly when he turned to see Ylva giving him an annoyed look.

"So competitive," He teased Ylva as he smiled at her, "Alright, alright. You killed him."

Ylva smiled and nodded, just before she and Bjorn began to look at the map in front of them once more.