Chapter 35 | Secret Mission

CAMILLE'S POV

"And because of what happened to her grace before, the dame has given us an order to find you the best guardsmen in the Capital. Here we have a few candidates for her grace to choose from." Why is it that the first thing I have to do after given permission to leave my bedroom was to find guardsmen?

"But, I don't need them, princess Andromeda. I have the imperial knights available for me." The princess suddenly placed her hands on my shoulder.

"Please, your grace. Do me a favor and choose one or two of these martial artists to be your guard. It will do me a great favor if the dame inquires me about the seduction process." I see it now. Isadora forces her to find me, suitable guardsmen.

The moment I turned my attention to the candidates standing in front of me, I immediately noticed something that even the imperial knights doesn't have. These group of people possessed such a high level of confidence and will. Just where did the princess also find these people?

"Is it possible to pick them all?" I asked the princess.

"If that's what the archduchess wishes to come, it shall be done." The princess finally smiled from ear to ear.

"Assigned each of them to protect the future queen regnant. And that means you too, princess Andromeda. You need someone to protect you. Also, I want that woman to protect my children. Will you be able to do that, young girl?" The female martial artist kneels in front of me.

"Yes, your grace." I smiled before leaving Andromeda to deal with the new guardsmen. It is such a lovely today to have a stroll around the palace garden. I wonder what is happening back in my duchy. Cassiopeia and Aphrodite left the Capital 2 days ago. I reckon they will arrive not later than this afternoon.

"Oh, you're here. What brings you here to the garden?" I smiled when the imperial mother appeared from the garden together with the rest of the empress mother's concubines.

"It's good to see you, Lady Mirabel, Lady Blanca, Lady France, Lady Ravinia, Lady Celestia, and Lady Delphine. I hope that you had a pleasant morning." The concubines each smiled at me.

Usually, they should be the ones bowing at me, but since they belong to empress mother, I have no choice but to show my respect to the ladies of Galatea. These groups of women were once the beckon of hope for the Empire. They protected the Empire with their life alongside the imperial consort and the shadow empress.

"Raise your head, child. After all, you're carrying the future of the Empire within you." Lady Mirabel chuckled.

"Since you're here, I would go inform you that I have instructed these ladies to be your children's tutor. I hope you won't find them unworthy. Your children need proper education; only these group of ladies knows what to do with their future. Once your children old enough to think for themselves, then we shall accommodate their interest with proper teachers." Was that the reason why my children seem happy for no reason?

I never knew that my children had been learning from the concubines.

"If imperial mother thinks that it was the best, then it is the best for me too." Imperial mother smiled.

"Beware of the rocky path while you're in the garden. If you need anything, just waved for the servant to assist you." I bow when the imperial consort and the concubines excuse themselves.

"Eh. Your grace, it's a pleasure to see you here." Sophia, the former courtesan of the tower of Camellia, suddenly appeared from the bush together with a knight.

"You may go." I waved for the knight to leave us alone.

"So, was that one of your former customers?" Sophia nodded while wiping her mouth with a piece of cloth.