Chapter 8

A man stood on a nearby hill watching as the authorities took the gifted. Their hands cuffed together as they walked single file towards a big truck, bound for the labor camps in the north. 

He smiled as his accomplishment and walked off towards a certain ghost town...

-------

"Its been 3 days Arlo! what should we do?!" Elaine asked biting her thumb as she paced back and forth. Arlo sighed as he looked at his phone using what was left of it as a GPS device. 

"Elaine please I need time to think..." He mumbled looking for a hiding place. Arlo struggled as he scrolled through locations on his phone. 3 days was enough for the police to find you and arlo was well aware of it. Sighing he stood up and walked towards the cluster of students which were gathered by a rather large tree at the end of the street.

"Its Arlo"

"Is he really going to help us?"

"I dont trust him"

"Guys I think he's got a plan!"

Arlo looked up at the crowd and threw his hands up in defeat. "Does anyone know a safe place we could evacuate to?"

The students looked at each other with worry. Out of the crowd a small girl walked forward. "umm Arlo... I think I might have a place where we can go" Arlo raised his brow. "Where would that be?" The girl nervously fidgeted with her fingers. 

"W-well my dad used to tell me about a place in the mountains that the authorities were too scared to go. He's always wanted to go there but he never made it" she mumbled 

Arlo nodded and bent down to her eye level. "Do you think you could lead us there?" The girl nodded.

giving a sigh of relief he stood back up. "All right get ready to leave tonight. We have a long trip ahead of us" the students nodded. 

----

327

why is this like so short wh