Introduction

A monstrous ogre-like, hippopotamus-looking, hideous creature stood in front of Gino with clenched fists, eager on caving his head in and bashing his corpse a little more after his death. He caught his breath while wondering if his death would mean he would come back alive to the real world after realizing everything was just a dream or if his death in here would really be certain death. He had just killed a white, ape-like creature, to be fair, but that was with the help of his friends. Now, he faced this creature alone, and doubt crawled in his mind. If he was asked a couple of months ago where he imagined he would be at this day of the month, he wouldn't have thought of being in this situation. He would have said he would be in his home, doing assignments or sketching a landscape, but never did it cross his mind that he would be facing a busaw with his life on the line.

This situation he was in was totally out of the blue. Before he needed to fight for his life, the night was pleasantly quiet, like the whole world was wrapped in the nightly darkness and asleep. The flaccid grassy hills lied with them as they searched the stars for the meaning of life. The wind brushed their skin gently, laughing with them at every punchline. It felt like nothing could go wrong, like the happiness was gonna last for a lifetime. But every pleasantry has its adversity.

They were on their way back home when the sound of leaves crunching at the weight of heavy footsteps from their right caught his attention. He shrugged it off as a product of his imagination since the wind was traveling with them, breathing and whistling with the birds that sang a tune, but he couldn't help but feel a glare from that direction. He told his friends about it, and the one leading the way, a brunette girl with streaks of blond, sent an orb of light to scan the area. As he suspected, the orb of light scanned nothing, just empty trees and their hollowly stares over the creatures in the forest. On its way back, the orb of light was smashed by a white hairy claw. Only then did the wind's breathing and whistling became clearer to the three of them. It was from a creature they had studied in their class before, and they knew this creature was dangerous once disturbed. They immediately ran for their lives, not taking a risk in fighting in the dense forest of their haven.

Just when they thought they were safe on their way to the cave back home, two busaws covered the entrance of the cave. They were busy bludgeoning an already beaten to a pulp carcass, but the girl with streaks of blond shouted for her friends to stop in panic. Of course, the busaws heard her, and their eyes gleamed because of the new toys they found. They ran back to the hills, as their other friend advised. The high ground advantage, she called it. Having no choice, they had to deal with the monsters or their lives would be forfeited.

Finally, after cutting the white, hairy creature's head in two, he was stuck with this fat, hideous creature with chipped teeth called busaw. He wished he was back on the other side, doing mundane things he extremely took for granted. He wondered if this was it, if he was truly gonna die. But then again, he thought he was dead too not so long ago. Let's begin from there, shall we?