The 10th Rival

Amy arms were wrapped around Shadow's left arm. Snuggling up close to him as they walk to school. Shadow couldn't read her; she seemed so happy. How come Amy forgets about all of these deaths so quickly? Shadow has been trying to stay strong through all of this. It seemed every person he talked or even looked at had died. It's scary. Even for Shadow. The worse thing is that Shadow has began to believe he was cursed. Yes it's stupid but.... what if it's true? Oh shit this could happen with- "Shady? What's going on?" Amy's voice breaks Shadow out of his thoughts. "Uh. W-what did you say?" Amy giggles at her boyfriend being clueless. "I asked if something was going on. You seem, let's say, concerned about something." Shadow sighs, looking to the side of the road. "I am concerned about something. It's the murders. I'm..." He pauses to let out an exhale of sorrow. "I'm worried about you and others I'm close to. Most of these murders have occurred after I interacted with that person: Rouge, Silver, Blaze, Fiona, Sonic and the others. It could happen to you. I don't wanna lose you." Amy slowly smiles, going on her tip toes to kiss him. "Aw Shady~ You'll never lose me. No matter what, I'm always by your side." Amy says, hoping it will encourage him.

Shadow only nods, as they enter the school gates. However, upon getting closer to the school building entrance, Shadow notices a blonde woman standing near the front. "Is that... Maria?" Amy raises an eyebrow. Taking short glances from the blonde 25 year-old woman, back to Shadow, then back to the woman. "Wha?-" Shadow makes Amy walk toward the woman. Who smiles once viewing her childhood friend. "Shadow! Wow, it's amazing to see you." Shadow removes himself from Amy, now hugging the older woman. Amy's left eye twitches, seeing another girl touch her Shady. Just makes her blood boil. Her murder attendances were rising rapidly. They stop hugging for Shadow to introduce the woman, "Oh, Amy this is my childhood friend; Maria. Maria this is my girlfriend, Amy Rose." This makes her mentally note that she can't kill Maria. Shadow has already lost his best friend. He can't lose his childhood friend in the same month. Maria smiles and stretches her hand towards Amy. "Nice to meet you dear." Amy puts on a friendly grin, accepting the handshake. The small group begin to start a conversation. Amy mostly just listened, since her mind was on Maria. She needs to be sure the woman wouldn't take her senpai. So she'll become friends with the woman, then ask about her true opinion on Shadow.