After - Part 1

"I think I'm going to punch you if you say 'just breathe' one more time." Charlotte said pointing at Laurie who was holding her other hand.

"Yes, I'm sorry dear. Keep on pushing." Laurie said pressing a kiss to the back of Charlotte hand, as another contraction hit her. "How much longer?"

"Just one more push Charlotte, he's almost here." The mid wife said as Charlotte nodded and took a few more deep breaths before pushing one last time. All the sudden the pain stopped and loud wails were the only noise in the room. The mid wife immediately took the baby once the chord was cut to clean him off.

"You did it." Laurie said as Charlotte gave him a tired smile.

"Here you go, it's a boy. He has all ten toes and fingers and he is 8 pounds. What's his name?" The mid wife said placing the baby in Charlotte's arms.

"Cameron Bronson Laurence." Charlotte said as the mid wife smiled.

"Why don't we get you cleaned up?" The mid wife said as Charlotte and Laurie nodded. Charlotte handed Robert to Laurie as she was being stitched up and cleaned.

"His name is Caneron Bronson Laurence." Laurie said placing the baby in Marmee's arms.

"Well I think it's a lovely name." She said him over to Meg and John. "How long was your labor?"

"About 4 hours. Which I heard isn't that bad." Charlotte said.

"Meg's birth was 15 hours..." Marmee said under her breath. "I'm glad yours was short."

After dinner everyone had left leaving Charlotte, Laurie, and Robert all by themselves in the big house. Charlotte was basically bed ridden for a few days so Laurie had moved his study into the bed room to keep her company.

"How many children do you want?" Charlotte asked breaking the comfortable silence established between the two.

"As many as you'll allow." Laurie said smirking back at her, as she rolled her eyes.

"No, seriously."

"Maybe three or four, but it's all up to you my dear." He said playfully bowing as she smiled. "Why how many do you want?"

"I had originally thought four, but after that experience I'm thinking two or three," she said, "no, i' want four children two boys and two girls perhaps? And a dog, oh let's get a dog!"

"Calm down, maybe when Roberts a little bit older, dog's are a lot of work." Laurie said as a knock came from the hall. "Come in!"

"Hello, are you ready to get changed madam?" The maid asked Charlotte as she nodded and sat up a bit more to help the maid change her.

"I'll be excited to get out of bed. I've been stuck here for almost a month now. The first thing I'm to do is go in town and go straight to the bakery. Oh I miss going there everyday." I say as Laurie smiles and sits beside me.

"We will have to see how far along you are before you go into town. One step at a time." He says kissing the palm of her hand before going into the washroom to change. After he's changed he comes strutting out, making Charlotte laugh at his goofiness.

"Do you want to travel back to Paris or Rome one day? Maybe raise Cameron and our other children there?" Charlotte asked as Laurie looked back at her, surprised.

"Why? Are you not happy here?" He asked as Charlotte laughed but shook her head.

"No, but it's where you grew up." Charlotte said as Laurie smiled and held her hands.

"But I also grew up here as well. I don't have any family left, but you do. I want to stay here and let our children know what a true family is like." He said as Charlotte smiled and nodded.

"Good, you know if you wanted to move back to Paris. I would do it. I would do anything for you Theodore Laurence." Charlotte said as Laurie smiled.

"Good to know." He said as Charlotte gasped and hit him over the head. "I would do anything for you as well Charlotte Laurence, you know that." He said as she smiled and nodded.

"Jo March is getting married. I never thought I'd see the day." Charlotte said as Jo rolled her eyes and ruffles with her hair. "Stop touching your hair. I just finished arranging it." Charlotte said swatting Jo's hands away from her hair.

"I know, I'm just nervous." Jo said as I smiled and handed her the bouquet. "Where is everyone?" She asked.

"They're just waiting outside." Charlotte said in terms of Amy and Meg. "Everyone's ready." She said as Jo nodded and held out her hand for Charlotte to take to help her keep her balance. Jo's dress was beautiful. It wasn't to girly but she wasn't wear pants. It was simple, but at the same time looked very elegant.

Father walked Jo down the aisle and John volunteered to marry Frederich and Jo. So it was a very small personal wedding. 

Charlotte and Laurie brought the baby out for the reception, but didn't want Robert disturbing the ceremony.

"Everyone's married now, isn't it crazy?" Charlotte asked Marmee as she nodded and smiled to the newly married couple. "They look so happy. I'm glad Jo found someone."

"Did you know that Laurie proposed to Jo once." Marmee said as Charlotte shook her head no, but laughed. "Laurie was drunk and proposed to Jo, she said no. In the morning when Laurie was somewhat with it, she told him about it." Marmee said before she was called over by Jo.

"My dear wife, and lovely son. What are you laughing about?" Laurie asked sitting next to Charlotte kissing their sons forehead.

"Marmee was just telling me how you proposed to Jo, drunk." Charlotte said as Laurie's face turned as white as a sheet.

"And you're not mad?" Laurie asked as Charlotte shook her head.

"No, but why didn't you tell me? You would think one would tell their wife that they proposed to their sister before." Charlotte said as Laurie blushed and shrugged.

"I was embarrassed. I mean, I'm almost never drunk, and the one time I was I did one of the worst things possible. I'm sorry." He said as Charlotte smiled and ran a hand through his wavy hair.