~ Prologue ~

"No", whispered a pink-haired Kunoichi, her voice full of despair. The mighty Village Hidden in the Leaves that once prospered with children on the streets, shop owners selling goods and shinobi protecting its inhabitants was now nothing but rubble on the earth floor. The buildings were dust with some of them on fire. The Hokage Monument completely obliterated. Bodies of every single inhabitant lying everywhere, no trace of life. The air smelled of sulfur and death, the stench of blood strong. The three Sannin, a women and two men were standing on the remains of the Hokage faces, looking over there beloved village, their home now in ruins and half of it burned to ashes. 

Immediately the three split up to look for any surviors. The raventte, Uchiha Sasuke along with his wife, a pinkette, Uchiha Sakura were looking for their only daughter. Uchiha Sarada. While the current Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki was searching for his two children. Uzumaki Boruto and Himawari.

Sasuke also known as the 'Shadow Hokage' hadn't often stayed in the village as he went on long missions to ensure the safety of his family and his village but payed the price of not seeing his daughter grow up. He had a rough childhood ever since his genin days but his wife and best friend brought him back into the light and soon, so did his sweet little daughter. At first, he just wanted revenge against Itachi for killing their clan and then he wanted to destroy Konoha because of what they did to his brother. But later on, he realized that he had a family and wasn't alone because of a certain perverted Sensei, a pink-haired Medic-Nin and a Knuckle-Headed Blonde. 

Sakura had spent the early years of  her daughter's childhood being a single mother until her husband would return home. And when he did, he didn't stay for long, but she knew it was his duty to protect his village and family and she supported him and faith in him no matter where ever he was because she knew that he would think about them as they think about him. Her daughter had always asked for her father, but she always puts aside the topic and tells her that her father loves them both very much and that he would come back one day. She always knew her daughter had many doubts about their family but Sakura always gave her daughter vague answers with the fear of her being under too much pressure just like Sasuke once had been. Her genin days were always so silly but she had so many memories, both good and bad. 

Naruto Uzumaki. He was the 7th Hokage. His wife, Hinata Uzumaki and his two children, Boruto and Himawari. Even though they were his sunshine, the light of his world but he also had a duty to take care of his village but the sacrifice was his family. He didn't return home often which angered his oldest son as he always sent shadow clones on his steed. His daughter was always so understanding as his wife. His Hina-Hime was something he never regretted. She always helped him through his struggles and was by his side through and through but she had died in the early ages of the invasion protecting both his children. His genin days were always filled with hateful glares and abuse towards him because he was a jinchuuriki. At first, he just wanted to become Hokage to gain respect, but later on, he wanted to become Hokage to protect those close to him and he had failed. Day by day he had lost a comrade, a family member during the late war but he fought through it but now, he had no one but his teammates. Even his Sensei had died protecting the three of them to give them more time.

As Sakura and Sasuke and Naruto were looking through the destroyed village, they passed the clan compounds which were all littered by it's clan members and fallen shinobi. When they neared the Uchiha compound, they found a flash of red before they both rushed forward and what they saw made their heart stop. It was the next generation of Konoha 12, their children along with their friends's kids. They were all lying together, some holding hands and others almost cuddling while some had rubble on on top of them. 

"Sarada/Boruto, Himawari", all three of them ran towards the children. 

All three raced forward and carefully lifted the children's bodies and laid them next to each other. Being one of the best medic-nin and surpassing her Master, Tsunade, Sakura immediately checked each of the children's body for a pulse. She had a dreading feeling in her stomach and knew they weren't going to make but she had hope nonetheless. She had started from Himawari and checked her pulse. 

None.....

Inojin.... No pulse

Chouchou.... No pulse

Shikadai.... No pulse

Boruto.... No pulse

No, no, no, no, No, No, NO!!!

She had continued to check all of their pulse but their heart wasn't beating. By the time she had come to check on her daughter, she was crying a river of tears. She was supposed to be a medic, yet she couldn't save her own people no less her own child and her friends. She refused to give up and activated her 100 healings mark. She kept on pumping chakra into their bodies, trying to see if they give any reaction and she knew it was too late but she just couldn't accept it. She had stopped as Sasuke gently pulled her way and brought her into his chest were she cried as he wrapped his single arm around her and Naruto rubbed her back, both of them crying, well Sasuke was stoic but a single tear had made it's way down the side of his face. 

"Why, they were just children why did they have to be gone?", she cried. "Our daughter Sasuke, not to mention Boruto and Himawari". Sasuke gave her a peck on the top of her head to calm her down, not caring if Naruto was there and missed the pain that flashed across the Blonde's face at their affectionate actions.

"Shh, I know Sakura-chan but you need to calm down", Naruto told her, trying to hold back his own tears but failing miserably. 

"How, my daughter is gone and not to mention all the other children and I'm supposed be a medic but I couldn't save them", her muffled voice rang out. 

'Hey Kit, bring the Uchiha brat and his pink-haired, demonic wife into your mind-space, I've got something to tell you three', Kurama's voice echoed in the blonde's head. All if the sun had come out of the clouds, the Nanadaime's cerulean blue eyes that had lost its light had shined with hope once again as he let out a quite laugh at Kurama's name for Sakura.

"Hey love-birds, Kurama said he has something to say to us", the blonde spoke up, hope clear in his voice. Both wife and husband glared at him but then took a closer look at his eyes and saw that his eyes lit up which was something that his eyes had lost after his wife had died. Without waiting for an answer, the blonde has connected their mind-space together and the three had ended up in a sewer like surrounding and in front of them, was a gigantic gate and behind it, was a massive red fox with its nine-tails swishing around as his head was laid on his two front paws, his red slit eyes staring at their tiny forms. 

'I called you three because you are the only living Konoha shinobi left', Kurama spoke and got nodding heads in return. 'I have come to a solution', this cause the three to look up at him. 'I can send you back in time but whatever you do there won't effect this timeline', this earned wide-eyes from the three Sannin. 'Soo, you can decide if you want to go back in time and fix all the bad mistakes or stay here and weep like widows who lost their husbands while crying about how cruel life is like a banshee'. 'So, what'd you say, you up for it?", Kurama asked, shooting them a foxy grin, similar to Naruto while Sakura wiped her newly flowing tears and Sasuke stood emotionless but there was relief and surprise swimming in his eyes. The three teammates nodded instantly, not sparing the idea any thought at all. 'Well, get ready cause this is a one time opportunity since it only works once so brace yourselves brats', Kurama announced as he did some hand signs at a rapid speed and a bright light erupted through the room, blinding its occupants.

-----------------------

Hey guys, I hoped you liked this chapter. Just so you know, this is my first Naruto Fanfic so I appreciate and good comments, ideas/suggestions or even pointing out mistakes so I can improve this story.

~Cherry