Chapter 9: So I Say (KMY)

• Ko Mun-yeong's POV

My ass is hurting already from sitting on this hard wooden staircase. Well, I have the option to not really 'sit', but I'm tired of floating and gliding the whole day today.

Now if Gang-tae doesn't arrive in five minutes, I swear I'm going to try to get out of that door no matter how hot it is. Okay, on second thought, maybe not. Aish.

Oh wait, the knob is turning. Must be my Gang-tae.

Wait, what did I say?

MY Gang-tae? Pabo, pabo! We'll isn't he MY friend now? Acceptable.

I clear my throat and there's no mistaking that he heard it.

His denim polo with the folded 3/4 sleeves on top of a white shirt can't be any sexier. Why am I too late in realizing that, huh? Probably because he's the only cute guy who set foot in this house?

Well...there's one other guy. What's his name again? Jung..Jung Hae--

"Ko Mun-yeong?"

Whoa there. I will not speak so he will repeat.

It was so gently spoken, like a husband looking for his wife after a long day at work.

"Ko Mun-yeong?"

Ugh. His voice is slowly growing in me.

I will surely...miss this.

But why dwell on that, right? I need to make the most out of every moment that we're together in this house.

I run to him and grab him by the shoulder from behind. This is where I massaged him the other day. Now the knots are gone, very good.

I push him carefully towards the mirror, like a couple of kids playing choo-choo train.

"What are you up to, huh?"

"Tada!" I show myself up behind him. It's not yet 12 midnight but the mirror reflects my energy. This is one of the loopholes of my aunt's evil doing and I love it.

Gang-tae was shocked and I don't know why.

"Ya! Cat got your tongue? Do you remember seeing me the first time here? You were trying to hold up your body with your shaky legs and you were doing your best to steady your quivering hands last time."

He steadied himself and took a deep breath. Then the most amazing thing happened--he smiled at me.

"Yes, I remember that. You can't blame me, it's not everyday I see a beautiful woma--I mean, a beautiful house with an entity showing up on the mirror. I thought it's just in stories like Snow White."

He surely saw the change in my mood. "I hope so too. But the reality is, a person consumed by evil thoughts can do evil things, to the point of seeking a type of revenge that is beyond your imagination."

"If I can be of help, just let me know. But today, I'm sure no help was done. Nurse Jang wasn't around today."

"She sensed it. She sensed our plan. Be careful, Gang-tae."

I did again what I love doing--hug him from behind.

As the days pass by, my care for his human being is starting to blossom little by little. But I can't water it, as I know my time here won't be for long.

I rested my head on his muscular back. "Can you allow me to do this for just a few minutes?"

He didn't move nor utter a word.

Then I peeked from behind and looked at him in the eyes through the mirror.

We were both staring at each other, as if we're both lost for words with the current position that we're in.

Then I uttered the words I never thought I'd say to anyone else.

"Saranghae. Saranghae Gang tae-ssi. Saranghangdago..."

I thought it would make him smile.

Instead, he broke free from my hug and stepped back.

After recovering from the shock, he faced me in the mirror again.

"You know what, I'm tired. Maybe you're just tired too?"

I was about to protest when a third face joined us in the mirror.

"Who..who are you, oh?!"

It's about time Sang-tae learns about me.

This should be interesting.