40

I stayed frozen, unable to move or process anything. I just stood there like a statue, not reacting to anything but still watching and listening. Elena was still running towards me, tears running down her face. It was surprising to see how different Cheryl and Elena looked from eachother. It was wierd looking at Elena while she was crying. She had so many emotions written on her face.

When she reached me, she hugged me fiercely. I think i hugged her back. I looked beyond Elena to watch King Lucas standing by his throne, Cheryl standing on one side and Lucia standing on the other. Lucia looked bored, king Lucas's face was expressionless and Cheryl looked like she might cry for the rest of her life.

The throne room doors opened behind me and i knew Andrian had come. I was thankful for his presence. I knew i might have a mental breakdown if things kept going like this. He came and stood beside me, not making a sound. Elena finally let go of me. She looked so relieved when she looked at me. She smiled through her tears as she caressed my cheek lovingly.

"Thank God you are ok. I was so worried when i couldnt reach you." She told me. But it all didnt feel right. Somehow, something had changed and i didnt feel any sort of affection or happiness towards Elena. I guess i kinda broke.

I got out of Elena's hold and quitely walked towards Cheryl. Dead. I felt so dead. I almost didnt care about anything anymore. I only focused on Cheryl. I felt my anger ignite. They chose the wrong day to screw with me further. I noticed there were no guards or Hunters in the throne room. I guess they all realised that its not going to help them anyways. I stopped in front on Cheryl.

I bowed my head to the three royals in front of me. I notice how Lucia clenches her fists. She looks like she is debating to punch me. I smirk at her, my smirk growing wider as she bares her teeth at me. I looked back at Cheryl. She was watching me carefully. Tears were streaming down her flawless face. She looked so much younger than Elena.

"Why is she here?" I ask, my voice smooth, almost bored.

"We found her causing disturbance in town, looking for you. We didnt want to get Caspian's attention. So we had her brought here." King Lucas replied, sounding bored as well. I smiled at him in return. They were all testing my patience and they knew it.

"Does she know?" I ask Cheryl.

"I told her until what happened a few days ago." Cheryl replied, her words coded. She meant that she hadnt told Elena about Caspian or about how they wanted me to kill him.

"Cheryl? You and Chantel have met? Does Chantel know?" Elena whipered, walking towards Cheryl. I never thought Elena would be the naive and emotional one.

"I know everything Elena. Your diary helped a lot." I tell her, not calling her mom. I dont want to call anyone mom right now. Elena's jaw dropped and she went pale.

"Cheryl you need to tell me everything that is happening here!" Elena said, her voice become strong and cold again. Now thats more like it.

I dont stay to hear Cheryl tell the whole story again. I calmly walk towards where Edwin and Andrian are standing. I feel a little better when i see Catherine walk into the throne room. Without saying anything, Edwin, Andrian and i walk towards her. She finds a corner next to the door where we all stand quietly. I look towards Cheryl and Elena. I try not to hear what Elena is screaming at Cheryl.

I feel bad for Elena. I cant imagine what she must be going through. She struggled and suffered all these years just to find her sister having a good time being queen. I felt my anger increase but i suppressed it. Now was not the time. I looked down at my hands. I was clenching them a little too hard. There were cuts on my palms which looked like crescent moons and they were bleeding.