Chapter 1

I'm Nola Dickens, and I like the truth. We, me and my mom that is,  live on the roads, and I've never had a real home. I promise that here, I'll tell the truth and nothing but the truth, and that's no lie. Sorry, I'm rambling, but you see I̵ ̵c̵a̵n̵'̵t̵ ̵h̵e̵l̵p̵ ̵i̵t̵.̵ ̵ Sorry, that wasn't true. Obviously I can help it just by simply writing this another time, but I'm simply rattled. Me and mother, we got in a fight. I asked her once more who my dad is, but she refused to tell me. So I got out this book and started writing. Here's the full story- my story.

I was born when my Mom was 19, and I don't know who my dad is. Anytime I ask my Mom about him, she either changes the subject, won't tell me, or just ignores me. 

As long as I could remember, my Mom and I have been on the road. We used to be in a small black Nissan Leaf, but when I was nine or ten my Mom was travelling through Wyoming, and found someone that was selling an ugly 1999 Fleetwood Terry for just barely like 5,000 dollars or something. After a few weeks of me and my mom fixing it up (tearing down wallpaper, and putting in contact paper, even changing some fixtures in there) it looked much better. That was a couple years back, but the RVs been good to us, and I sleep much more comfortably. To be honest, I sleep best in the car moving, the sound of the road lulling me to sleep. Anyways (sorry I got distracted) the point was that I've never stayed in one spot. My mom chose to be a travelling sales women, she sells cell service all over the nation. 

I've never had a real education, Mom says that the world is my education. She homeschools me enough, showing me what she knows, YouTube is for what she doesn't know. I like to think I'm pretty smart for my age, and my mom says that she teaches me the real stuff, useful stuff. I wouldn't know but (and I'd never tell her this) I like the way I learn. It's not always easy, my school. When I grow up I want to be a child's councilor, and my Mom gives my psychology videos off YouTube, and stuff like that. 

Another thing I want to mention is that we don't have a lot of stuff. Me and my mom, we travel light. 

I just realized I spent all of your time just rambling about myself. Well since some people might not want to read all of that I'll list the truths I said in this chapter right here:

1.) I like the truth

2.) I want to know who my dad is

3.) I am always on the road

4.) I've always been 'car schooled' ;)

What I wanted to say is if someone out here is reading this: please don't lie. If your daughter wants to know who her dad is, tell her. 

Thanks for listening. Nola Dickens here, with the truth. <3 

🄱🄻🄾🄶 🄿🄾🅂🅃 🅄🄿🄳🄰🅃🄴🄳/10:20🄿🄼/🄼🄰🅈20/2017