32: Kill Her or Spare Her?

Ever since he came to this particular world, Luther didn't have the chance to fully appreciate the night sky.

Luther slowly blinked his eyes. He felt as if his body and thoughts were about to amalgamate into a column of smoke and merge into the starfield above him. The silver stars dotted the deep dark blue sky, glowing resplendently like scattered diamonds, twinkling with lights that had existed in the universe billions of years before.

'It's so beautiful.' He exhaled lightly, feeling a little sleepy.

Suddenly, the star-speckled sky was blocked by a large magnified face. Li Zhijun peered down at Luther with his sly fox-like eyes, beaming with a playful amusement.

"What are you doing?"

"The night sky is so beautiful... Huh? Bro?" Luther, who had been panting in his pool of blood, regained his clear-headedness and only reacted after a while. He weakly turned his eyes to the side. "Are Marcie and the others here too?"

"I'm here!" came Marcie's anxious and furious voice from beside him. "Are you an idiot? You are on the verge of fainting from blood loss, yet you're thinking that the night is beautiful?"

Luther only realized then that his entire body felt cold, his mind was murky, and he did not even have an ounce of strength left. He turned to Marcie and smiled weakly, his mind still occupied by the most important thing. "I waited so long for all of you... Why are you only here now? The duoluozhong said that... only it could go upstairs, as the traps only recognize it... What shall we do now?"

The others exchanged glances when they heard his question, realizing that dealing with the situation wouldn't be easy.

"Okay, we've got it." Lin Sanjiu patted his hand lightly after she thought about it for a while. She comforted him. "You did well. You just have to focus on recovering now, and leave the rest to us."

After that, Marcie carried a small first-aid box with a red cross sign and sat down beside Luther. When she opened the first-aid box, Luther looked over sideways as if he wanted to say something... Marcie probably got that first-aid box from some small pharmacy. There were only a few sparse items in the box, and each of them seemed to have been manufactured for the sole purpose of cheating consumers, the quality being abysmal.

In contrast, the injuries that Luther had sustained probably required a month of hospitalization. As Marcie looked at the cheapskate bandages that were even thinner than paper, she could not help feeling worried. Li Zhijun suddenly smiled and said, "I remembered that Zeji has a type of emergency medicine with quick-acting effects. If you don't mind, we could use his medicine."

"Really? That'd be great!" Lin Sanjiu barely smiled as Hei Zeji stared at her coldly, without any intention to move. Everything fell silent as if the air around them had frozen over.

Since he didn't respond, no one dared to prompt him to take the medicine out.

Luther blinked his eyes drowsily, probably because he heard Hei Zeji's name. He had been drifting in and out of consciousness, so he did not know what they were talking about. He only recalled his battle just now. He gave a feeble smile and said softly in a dazed voice, "I turned into Zeji bro just now and broke the duoluozhong's leg... Bro's upper limit... so powerful..."

Due to his serious injuries, his speech was slurred, but everyone understood what he meant. Three pairs of eyes simultaneously landed on Hei Zeji. After a short while, the latter finally threw out a small bottle with a darkened face. Before Lin Sanjiu could cheer, Hei Zeji suddenly said, "Get him to eat this and wait for him to wake up. Don't bother me again."

No one dared to make a fuss about his attitude; they quickly acknowledged him and thanked him. Hei Zeji gave the smiling Li Zhijun a sideway glance and turned to walk away without even saying any farewells. Within a blink of an eye, he disappeared from the street, with his katana on his back.