2 | Daniel LaRusso

❀

your mom just baked a fresh new batch of banana bread for the month. as usual, you were tasked to deliver some of them to the neighbors along with your brother. he took his bike to cover one part of the neighborhood and you took your bike to cover the other.

when you got to mr. miyagi's place, you waited around for him to receive the baked good as usual. but after a few minutes too long of waiting around, you decided to go in. you and your family were always welcome at his place after all.

instead of seeing mr. miyagi, you saw a boy painting his fence in weird upward and downward strokes. when you asked him where mr. miyagi was, he just looked at you like he didn't understand your question.

"hey mr. miyagi i brought some banana bread-" you said as you entered his backyard but cut yourself off when you saw a boy painting his fence.

"oh sorry. hi there! have you seen mr. miyagi anywhere?" you asked the boy.

he paused his work and looked at you dumbfounded. you suddenly wondered if there was something on your face or if you looked silly with the new top you bought and thought was very fashionable.

"ah! (y/n)-san!" the voice of mr. miyagi resonated from behind you.

you turned around and sent him a soft smile. you handed him the loaf of banana bread which he accepted gratefully.

"you mother's banana bread!" he smiled. "i always look forward to this."

"i bet you do, mr. miyagi. even i get excited when she whips up a new batch every month." you laughed.

"come! meet my new student!" he said as he led you to the boy painting his fence.

"student?" you asked rhetorically.

you followed mr. miyagi as the boy stopped painting. he looked about your age and he also looked quite familiar. maybe he went to your school too.

"(y/n)-san, meet daniel-san. daniel-san, this is (y/n)." mr. miyagi introduced you.

"hi! nice to meet you!" the boy beamed as he stretched out a hand.

just as you were about to shake it, he retracted his hand and wiped it on his jeans, making you laugh. when he found his hands to be clean enough, he stretched his hand out again and you two shook hands.

"hi daniel! nice to meet you too!" you smiled.

"maybe you should join us sometime." daniel invited.

"join you in what? painting the fence?" you asked with a chuckle.

"it'll make the job easier." daniel shrugged and chuckled.

"ish! back to work, daniel-san!" mr. miyagi exclaimed as he got between you and daniel. "come, (y/n)-san! i have something for you to give to your mother and father."

"awesome!" you beamed. "well... see ya, daniel!"

"see ya, (y/n)!" he waved as he got back to painting the fence.

surprisingly enough for everyone, you came back the next day and joined daniel in helping mr. miyagi fix his house. but what you thought was an act of generosity turned out to be the start of your karate days and a wonderful friendship with fence-painting-boy Daniel LaRusso.