↯ afterword

First and foremost, thank you for reading a story that really holds a special place in my heart

First and foremost, thank you for reading a story that really holds a special place in my heart. Writing this was definitely cathartic for me in that I put (maybe too much) of myself in these characters and their struggles.

I know the ending is a little wack, but that's how I wanted this story to end: a little open-ended, more questions than answers, and a brief memory of someone who left an impact on Karina. Because that's just showbiz, baby! That's how life is! Uncertain and sporadic. No one in their 20's ever knows what they're doing and that's totally okay. It's okay to not know what you're doing after high school! It's okay to not know what you're doing even after college! Don't feel bogged down by others who tell you otherwise, because you have a whole life ahead of you. Being present and appreciating what you have is just as important as thinking about your future. Also, here's a big screw you to demanding expectations — seriously, you suck. And drain my mental energy.

That's how I wanted this story to end, but to be honest, I'm not really sure if it's how I want Karina and Clark's story to end...

So that being said, here's the deal:
I have an *idea* for a sequel/part two. It would be another short story with probably less than 10 chapters (like 6-7) & a little more mature in terms of learning to adult as a woman in America through a conservative south asian community. A Whisper in the Wind was simply a snapshot of Karina's current situation and there is sooo much more I would love to explore with her character — if you'd let me, that is (I might write it anyway because my ass really did spend hours making covers and aesthetics).

I'm not sure if I'd post it separately or just make a part two and continue it here. Let me know what you'd prefer (if I do choose to write it)!

Again, thank you so much for everyone's support. You have no idea how much every single vote, comment, and read means to me. Stay rad <3

—kay