5

"I don't believe you."

"How did you get into my room?"

"Bang Christopher Chan, show me proof that Jae is your soulmate or ill get Bambam to slap the bleach out of your hair." he threatens.

A very odd threat.

I go to my desk and pull out the letters she's written me. He reads through them and squints his eyes at me.

"Do you wanna see the polaroid she sent me?" I ask and he nods.

I simply show him the back of my phone case.

"She was always obsessed with old cameras." he chuckles. "Well congrats, you got the best girl in all of California as a soulmate." he nods his head. "Hurt her and i'll end your career."

"Hyung don't worry. She's my soulmate i'd never do anything like that." I say. "She just doesn't know i'm her soulmate." I say quieter.

"You haven't told her?" he asks with wide eyes.

"I just haven't gotten to it yet." I say. "She told me she was a fan of 3racha and I couldn't just say 'hey i'm actually the main producer by the way' to her."

"You're gonna have to tell her eventually." he says. "She's visiting Korea in a month."

"What? She never said that!" I jump out of my seat.

"Cause she doesn't know pabo." he slaps the back of my head. "Her brother and I set it up as a surprise to her for winter break. She's staying at the Got7 dorm with me for a week, try to make sure she knows who you really are by then."

"Aish." I curse under my breath. 

"You got mail." Felix pops his head into my room.

Mark grabs the envelope and hands it to me. We both read it.

"I can't believe she really said you're her favorite. I've known her since she was born, she hasn't even met you." Mark pouts but a smile grows on my face.

"She said 'your Jae' she's my Jae." I smile.

"Alright i'll leave you to make out with your letters, remember what I said though Chan. She's soft, don't hurt her."

Before he's even out of the room i'm already starting on my letter to her.

Jae.

I'd wait an eternity if it meant i'd be able to talk to you at the end. If you need help with money you can always always ask me, especially if it means being able to talk to you more.

It hurts knowing J-one is your bias, but i'm willing to overlook that since i'm your favorite above Mark.

Congrats on your college acceptances, Berkeley is brainless to not have accepted you. You have to send some of your artwork to me, although your pictures are artwork enough.

Okay I swear that's the end of the cheesiness.

I have your polaroids in the back of my phone case, they help with the 'soulmate pull' you were talking about. I hope you can understand that I can't send pictures yet. I will, I promise, eventually.

As for your questions about my work, I do work under a company. It's one of the big 3, JYP. I have actually worked with Mark in the past, but you're still my Jae.

That phrase gives me goosebumps. I probably looked like an idiot to anyone who was in the room with me when I saw that you wrote 'your Jae' in the last letter.

I'm lucky I didn't open it at work, I would've gotten no work done. I'm down to send you some of the tracks i've made, i've already made a few songs with inspiration from you.

I wish I could be with you. If you ever happen to get the chance to go to Korea, please take it. I'm not sure how much longer I can be away from you. But for now, these letters are my most cherished possession.

-Your Chan.

I pull out the polaroids that she sent. Their from different times since she has two different hair colors in them.

Ones new since her hair is still half black half gray. This time she's looking into the camera, she has her head on her hand and she's smiling.

The other one is a whole different vibe. She's posing in a dark area, it's definitely more of a street vibe. Her hair is bright red and it's almost like she's glaring at the camera.

It reminds me of my photo shoot for God's Menu.

I put the one of her smiling on the back of my phone with my other polaroid and put the other one on my laptop.

My Jae.