ruben | party

I closed my patio's door behind me, feeling relieved as the loud music became barely audible. My mind was starting to calm down as i took a few deep breaths. I had decided to go out for a bit, feeling overwhelmed by the big party Estee had thrown. Our house was packed, the smell of weed, smoke and sweat making it evident. She had been planning it for weeks now. I could tell she was having the time of her life, and i was too, but after a while parties are a little too much for me to handle.

A warm breeze blew, making my hair fly into my face and my flowy dress rise up my thighs. Pulling my minidress down, I sighed and smiled dreamily. It was one of those summer nights, warm breeze, sky full of stars, hot weather. I swayed on my feet and regained balance, the three shots that random curly boy had made me do with him were making me feel a bit tipsy.

The sound of a lighter clicking made me snap out of my trance. Looking over to my side, I spotted a tall boy leaning on our driveway. He looked around my age, trying to light up the cigarette between his lips. 'Wow he's cute' I thought to myself, he had a black beanie on, his hair poking out on the sides. His eyes drifted up to mine as he took a drag out of his cig.
"Want one?" he mumbled before exhaling a cloud of smoke.
I shook my head no, but walked a few steps closer. Might as well start a conversation with mystery boy over here.
"Are you one of Estee's friends?" i asked.
"Yeah i guess, she's friends with our crew. Are you friends with her group? I mean i haven't seen you around." He answered, not even bothering to hide the way his eyes scanned down my body, making me self conscious. He seems like the skater fuckboy type...

"There you are!" Our little exchange was interrupted by Estee's slurring as she stumbled out of the house giggling. God she was out of it.
I gave her a pointed look and tipped my head over to the cute boy beside me, hoping she would get the hint and leave me alone. But as her eyes registered him, her face broke out on a huge smile.
"Ruby!! I see you already met my sister!" She hooked her arm around my shoulders, squeezing me.
"THIS is your sister??" he asked with surprise, making my eyebrows raise up. Hold up,,,, "this"??!
"Yup" she beamed and turned to me "I was just telling him about you, how you're both the same age and perfect for eachother." she went on.
My eyes went wide as i caught the skater boy's sight . His cheeks were flushing due to my sister's rambling, his cool boy facade slowly disappearing. I sent him an apologetic smile. Way to make things awkward Estee, thanks a lot sis...
"I mean, like come on, you'd both look sooo good together..." she kept going as I guided her back into the house.
"Ok, that's enough sis. Appreciate it..."

I rolled my eyes as I turned back to this boy. He was trying to suppress his laughter, eyes squinting as he smiled down at me. Crossing my arms, I walked back over to his side. Joining him, I let out an amused giggle.
The laughter died down, leaving comfortable silence between us. We both lay our backs against the wall, looking up at the dark sky for a while, just enjoying eachother's company.
"I still don't know your name" He turned his head and smirked at me, leaning closer.
"y/n" i blushed at his proximity "And you're... Ruby?" i cocked my head to the side, not sure if I had heard right.

The boy just smiled and rolled his eyes at my sister's nickname.
"Ruben"

///
lol hope y'all liked it :)