Chapter Twenty Eight

"So Kadeon has every unmated Naurian male on the ship on lock down, sitting in their rooms for you." Kiehiri's voice was still just as lovely, although the words that came out of her mouth were downright spiteful. She inspected her nails, holding them out in front of her.

Her poisonous glare slid to Darius who had been silently monitoring the exchange the entire time, waiting for Kiehiri to make a move.

"Except Darius, that is." She approached him slowly, managing to ooze sex appeal like no woman I had ever witnessed before.

Darius's eyes remained hard as he stared back at her. She leaned forwards so that their faces were inches apart. "I guess he knows you're not worthy of any woman on this ship." She popped the P at the end of her sentence, grinning at him coyly as if she had won some little victory.

I had expected Darius to defend himself. But instead, he simply cast his eyes downwards... in shame. Clearly there was something I was missing here, but now was not the time.

Oh hell no. I let out a growl of anger. No one gets to disrespect my friends and get away with it. Not even almost Naurian Princesses.

"Listen here, bitch. If you don't get your face away from Darius this second we're going to have a big problem." I stepped towards them both. I hated how she had affected him so easily. He had frozen up and looked completely caught up in his own thoughts.

Kiehiri didn't move away from him. Instead, she tilted her head so that she could look at me. She raised a blonde eyebrow at me in question.

Darius's voice was gravelly when he spoke.

"Emily, don't. We'll just continue our tour another day." Darius moved to walk around Kiehiri but she snatched her hand out, grabbing his shirt tightly in her fist as she slammed him back against the wall. He hadn't been expecting her movement and the force at which he slammed into the wall made me shiver with fury.

I didn't give a single crap if she was the daughter of the King's advisor. I had seen enough.

Moving faster than I realized I could, I grabbed a fist full of perfect blonde hair from the back of Kiehiri's head and yanked, causing her to lose grip on Darius.

She screeched in startled protest, immediately trying to claw me with her long manicured nails. With another hard tug, I threw her to the ground with relative ease.

"I. Said. Get. Away." I hissed through my teeth. I was breathing heavily as the addicting feeling of my powers began to wake beneath my skin.

She coiled herself on the ground, ready to spring but I snarled, causing her to pause.

"I suggest," I grit out, resisting the overwhelming urge to fry her like McDonalds French fries, "that if you want to live one more day as a washed up, has been, wannabe Princess... that you get the fuck out of here. Right. Now."

I could feel the tickle of flames on my palm.

I could tell the moment that Kiehiri noticed too, as her eyes widened and she stood up quickly. "I knew that he told you about me." She gloated, giving me a sickeningly sweet smile.

"If him telling me about you is Kade describing what a psycho bitch you are and that he doesn't want you, then sure. He told me all about you." I smiled at her.

Her face reddened further as she stared at me in shock, not quite knowing what to do next. I was sure that she had never been spoken to in the way that I just did.

"Get. Out." I grinned back, looking every bit as murderous as I felt.

"You won't last long." She pointed her finger at me. "You are not one of us. He will realize that soon enough. And then you won't belong in either world anymore." Kiehiri narrowed her eyes at me. "You will never set foot on my planet."