Wattpad Original
Dit is het laatste gratis hoofdstuk

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

First, I thank you, cool reader, for spending hours of your life you'll never get back on reading this. And thank you for reading the acknowledgments, since almost no one does. I hope you laughed at least once. What I wrote on these pages means one thing to me, but when you come to it with your own experiences and perspectives, it becomes something new entirely. Thank you for making The Bro Code come to life.

To my Wattpad readers and friends, thank you for supporting my writing and helping me grow. Special thanks to Wattpad readers who read this story when I originally wrote it in 2012 and have come back for this tale eight years later. We would not be here without you.

Thank you to my superhero editor, Jane Warren, for your incredible help taking a book I wrote in high school and pushing me to turn it into this. Your belief in this story and characters helped me see myself as a "real" writer.

Thank you, Deanna, Caitlin, Jen, and the wizards on the Wattpad Books team who selected this book for publication and worked so hard to get it into the world. Your dedication and time spent on producing this into an actual book blows my mind, and I'm so excited and humbled to have had this experience with you.

To Gabby, Maggie, Emily, and Maisie, thank you for unloading the dishwasher when it was my turn, but I was on a word count roll, and never complaining when I made noise in the kitchen at 1:00 a.m. while I was writing. You truly lived with the blood, sweat, and tears that went into this project.

Thank you, Mom and Dad, for having me, making me waffles, and not reading this until I told you it was ready. Oh—and thank you for pushing me to take writing classes and never telling me that being an author was a bad idea, even if you wanted to.

Thank you, Apple and Maddie, for reading this a million times and letting me know if something was stupid. Thank you for the dog gifs, the giraffe memes, and being my biggest fans. Or, at least, pretending to be.

To Kevin, thank you for teaching me about sports and video games. And thank you for always bringing me a snack or tea, especially when I didn't ask for it. Without you, this book would have taken twice as long,

To my friends and teammates, thank you for the anecdotes, slang tips, and ideas about being a bro. Thanks for being there to keep me sane and understanding when I had a deadline. You guys are the true O.Bs.

Thank you to the #MeToo movement for bringing important stories into our culture, championing women artists, and for making my ex-boyfriends wonder if this book is about them. It's not.

To everyone else, thank you. You know who you are, and you know why.

icon lock

Laat je steun zien voor Elizabeth Seibert en ga verder met het lezen van dit verhaal

door Elizabeth Seibert
@joecool123
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION. Some rules were made to be broken. As a certif...
Ontgrendel een nieuw verhaaldeel of het hele verhaal. Hoe dan ook, jouw Coins zorgen ervoor dat schrijvers geld verdienen met de verhalen waar jij zo van houdt.

Dit verhaal heeft nog 23 hoofdstukken over

Ontdek hoe Coins je favoriete schrijvers, zoals @joecool123, steunen.