Come Back

I felt the need to include this picture, thank me later.
credit to @/kylorenxreader on Tumblr!

Kylo rolled over, squinting at the shaft of sunlight peeking through the curtains.

He rubbed his eyes and looked down to see her still sleeping, tightly nestled in the sheets. Making those adorable, quiet little noises she always made while she slept. The kind of sweet sighs that made him forget she was still a highly skilled fighter.

The kind of fighter that picked up a lightsaber for the first time and gave him a lovely scar.

This was exactly how he wanted to see her. Calm, content, rested. Safely tucked in his bed right next to him. His Little One right where she belonged.

As quietly as possible, Kylo climbed out of bed, silently tiptoeing across the room. He let out a breath when he saw that she hadn't moved, still very much asleep as he walked through the refresher door. He grinned to himself, thinking of why she was so tired.

He'd had her before, of course. But not like last night. Nothing even close to last night.

The vulnerability, the passion. The connection. He couldn't even remember a time he'd felt so understood. There was no way she hadn't felt it too.

Everything melted away. The opposing sides of war, the dynamic of captive and captor, all the instances of tension and struggle. All of it gone, only leaving the two of them together in one perfect moment.

Something had changed and something was different, though he couldn't put his finger on it. But whatever it was that had made him feel that way, he'd do anything to bottle it up and keep it forever.

Kylo leaned down in front of the sink, turning on the faucet and splashing cool water on his face. And just for the brief second that his eyes were closed, images of her danced behind his eyelids.

He grabbed a towel to dry his face before looking at himself mirror. Scratches littered his chest, visible reminders of the night left by the gentle bite of her fingernails. He turned slightly, noticing similar marks on his back too.

He noticed his low-hanging sweatpants tightening as he thought of what had caused the marks. The way she'd whimpered and moaned for him, clinging to him as he wrung every ounce of pleasure from her. Nails dragging all over his skin, pulling him closer as she unraveled beneath him.

Kylo had to bite back a groan, shaking his head as if it would empty his head. It didn't, of course. The girl lived rent free in his head at all times. The worst part? He loved it. He loved that she was always on his mind. He loved his obsession.

Once he felt slightly put together and a bit more awake, he exited the refresher and walked back to the bedroom. Again quietly, still not wanting to disturb her.

As he approached the bed, he noticed that she was now clutching a pillow in her arms. And he realized it was because before, she had been nestled next to him. Her hand on his chest, head nestled on his shoulder.

He thought it was a bit ironic that she always did that. Clinging to him while she slept. For someone who incessantly insisted that she didn't want him, she never spent a night in his bed without sleeping in his arms.

Not that he was complaining, though. He'd spent so long feeling so lonely and it was nice to feel needed for once. To feel wanted, simply because this stubborn girl that just loved to bicker with him never failed to fall asleep with her head on his chest.