Lost pet found

"How much more of forest bathing?" Yashiro asked, annoyed. "We've been doing this since forever!"
"Quiet down, Yashiro," Shermie said. "He's enjoying this. Leave him be!"
Chris was having a good time forest bathing. Yashiro was kinda annoyed but Shermie kinda enjoyed it too.
"Relax, Yashiro," Chris said. "You don't find this relaxing?"
"No, I find this boring," Yashiro said. "We aren't even doing anything!"
"Yashiro..." Shermie said, annoyed. "Feel the nature. Feel the trees! Breath in the fresh air!"
Yashiro sighed and leaned back against the tree. He took a deep breath and filled his lungs with the fresh air. He put his hands behind his head and leaned in a more comfortable position.
He watched the trees and realised how good they looked. Even though he did nothing but watch the trees, it still felt good to stare at the trees. He found it relaxing.
"This is good," Yashiro finally said. "I see why you like doing this, Chris."
"That's right, Yashiro," Chris said. "Just relax!"
Shermie started singing Rhythmic Hallucination. This kinda helped them relax even more.
"Hey I think we should play that song during the concert," Yashiro suggested, sitting up. "What do you think, guys?"
"Sure, but we don't have enough musicians," Shermie said. "We need another guitarist, another drummer and maybe a violinist too."
Yashiro sighed.
"Our band needs to grow," Yashiro said, leaning back. "Three members aren't enough."
"Who do you suggest to add?" Chris asked.
"I don't know," Yashiro said with a shrug. "We are three Heavenly Kings of Orochi. Why don't we invite the fourth? Then we can name our band 'The Four Heavenly Kings'!"
"Are you sure he would join?" Shermie asked. "I don't think he can do anything besides rock-climbing and windsurfing. Besides, I don't think he'll even join us after we tell him that we don't wish to resurrect Orochi again. Not in this life at least."
"He won't," Chris said. "He'd probably call us traitors."
"Traitors we are," Yashiro said solemnly. "But Orochi is traitorous to the world!"
"Now why all this talk?" Shermie asked, annoyed. "We came here to relax, not talk about those idiots..."
They sighed and continued forest bathing. Yashiro suddenly spoke up.
"Well..." Yashiro said. "As much as I want to continue, my belly wouldn't allow. Do you know that it's way past lunch?"
"It is?" Chris asked, surprised. "Well, that would explain why my stomach is grumbling."
Shermie chuckled and jumped up to her feet.
"Well come on guys," Shermie said. "I'm hungry too."
They exited the forest and went back to the area of their resort. Shermie explored some good restaurants on her phone and directed Yashiro to drive there.
Chris received a text from Chiyo. She was asking him why he wasn't at school and if he was okay.
Chris: No I'm fine
Chris: I'm just out of town
Chiyo: Nothing wrong right?
Chris: Nah
Chris: Just visiting some relatives
He didn't want to tell his school friends that they were out on a holiday.
Chiyo: Okay
Chiyo: Chris?
Chris: Yeah?
Chiyo: U didn't think anything of the kiss right?
Chiyo: It was just a friendly kiss
Chiyo: As a birthday wish
Chiyo: It's our family tradition to kiss our friends for their birthday
Chiyo: U're not mad right?
Chris: Nah
Chris: I didn't think anything of it
Chris: I knew it was just a friendly kiss
Chiyo: I knew you'd understand
Chiyo: Okay gotta go
Chiyo: Mom's calling me for lunch
Chris: Bye!
Chris put his phone away and looked up. To his surprise, Yashiro and Shermie were staring at him like he did something wrong.
"What is it?" Chris asked, surprised. "Why are you staring at me like that?"
"You know, we've been calling you for the past minute and you're sitting and smiling at your phone," Yashiro said. "Let me guess, it was that chick that kissed you for your birthday. Right?"
"It was just a friendly kiss, Yash," Chris said, showing his text to him. "Look! She even told!"
"Never mind that, lets go and have our lunch," Shermie said. "We've arrived long ago. Come on."
They got out of the car and went for lunch at a western restaurant. They really like the food there. They took pictures of their meals and Shermie even took a group selfie with everyone.
"Though it isn't my birthday, this is the best birthday I ever had!" Chris said cheerfully. "I've never been on a holiday like this before."
They smiled and finished the meal. They called the waiter and paid their bill before leaving. They went back to the resort and sat around in the chalet, relaxing while doing nothing.
Chris took out the book he borrowed at school and started reading it. It was an interesting book and Chris was glad he borrowed it. It proved to be a good pastime during their vacation.
During breakfast the next morning, Chris suggested that they go for a hike.
"Oh come on!" Chris said, excited. "I want to collect some stuff for the terrarium that you gave me!"
"Why didn't you do that when we went forest bathing yesterday?" Yashiro asked. "We spent literally hours there yesterday."
"I didn't think about it back then," Chris said sheepishly. "Oh come on, Yashiro! It would be fun!"
Chris and Shermie looked at him with longing eyes.
"Fine..." Yashiro agreed. "Since when did you become a nature-lover, Shermie?"
"Oh come on, Yashiro," Shermie said. "You enjoyed our time in the forest yesterday day too, right?"
"Fine whatever," Yashiro said. "Anyway, eat faster. We can go."
They ate and wore suitable clothing for a hike. They hiked around and took pictures of the scenery while Chris collected specimens for his terrarium. He really like the gifts that he got for his birthday.
Just then, they heard the loud cry of a hawk. Yashiro looked surprised.
"Is that...?" Yashiro said in surprise. "It is! There's no mistaking it!"
"What is it?" Chris asked, looking up from the rocks he collected. "What is it, Yashiro?"
"It's Tatsuuru!" Yashiro cried. "I'm sure it is!"
"How do you know?" Shermie asked. "All hawks look and sound the same."
"No they don't," Yashiro said. "That's definitely Tatsuuru!"
He made a sound to call his pet hawk. If the hawk was Tatsuuru, it would respond to the sound. He trained it to come to him whenever he made that sound.
He kept doing it, hoping that it really was Tatsuuru.
"I don't think it's your friend, Yash," Chris said. "I think it's some wild eagle..."
"Yeah, Yashiro," Shermie said, annoyed with the sound. "Just because it sounds like your eagle, it doesn't mean that it-"
A sparrowhawk flew down in front of him and screeched before perching itself on Yashiro's shoulder.
"Is..." Shermie finished.
"Tatsuuru!" Yashiro greeted, playing with the hawk. "Where have you been?"
The hawk gave a loving screech. It had flown away when Yashiro hadn't returned for ages. It survived in the wild. It was kinda sad when he did not return but now, it was really surprised to find him here.
"Sorry I didn't return, buddy," Yashiro said apologetically. "I had my reasons. I wasn't in good circumstances."
Tatsuuru screeched and rubbed its head against Yashiro's face, causing him to laugh.
"Aww, I miss you too!" Yashiro said, fondling its crest. "I'll give you your favourite treat later."
"Is it a he or a she?" Shermie asked. "I still can't differentiate hawks."
"You actually can't differentiate a bird physically," Yashiro explained. "Only by size. But if that doesn't work, then you have no choice but to take a DNA test to differentiate their chromosomes."
"So is Tatsuuru a male or female?" Chris asked.
"Female," Yashiro said. "I got her tested."
"Wow..." Chris said. "Alright, I'm done."
"And I'm hungry," Shermie admitted. "And I bet your bird is too."
They laughed and returned to their resort.