11 - Enemies Of The Heir, Beware.

I sat in my first class, which was potions this year. I listened to Severus, well, Professor Snape lecture the class on why you shouldn't mix up certain potions and ingredients, and experimentation with potions is a one-way ticket to eventual death. 

I couldn't;t but stare at my professor for most of the class, by now I was beginning to lose doubt that I wasn't feeling something

On the bright side, my focus for this class was immense, I'd be an expert on potions in no time. 

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

During lunch, I sat in my normal solitude. 

Most everyone's owl's came in with the mail, but I was not surprised to see that I had gotten nothing. I hear an owl screech into the Hall. I look up at the bird and watch as it crashes on the Gryffindor table, drawing the attention of many students including myself and the others around me. The student with the bird in question is Ron.

"Look, everyone. Weasley's got himself a Howler." A kid says and Ron looks around frantically before opening the piece of mail.

"Ronald Weasley! How dare you steal that car! Your father is facing an inquiry at work and it's entirely your fault! If you put another toe out of line we'll bring you straight home!" My eyes widen and I look around awkwardly, it seemed everyone was tunning in, 

"Oh and Ginny dear congratulations on making Gryffindor, your father and I are so proud." Ginny looks around nervously as people around her glance at her then the letter turns back to Ron, blows a raspberry at him, and rips itself to shreds.

The Great Hall falls silent and gradually regains it's sound. 

I get up from the table and leave. I walk down to the girls bathroom, the one that's never used. I walked in and it was quiet at first, and then I heard the weeping. I went into one of the stalls and sat down. 

"Is someone there?" A high-pitched and squeaky voice said. 

"Yes Myrtle, and I'm a bit busy if you don't mind," I answered. Back in my third year I always used this bathroom because I enjoyed talking to the ghost girl. 

"Oh, I see," The voice came from right above me and nearly made me jump. "You don't come here for four years and when you finally do, you don't want to talk?" 

"Myrtle it's not that." I finished up my business and stood. "I got busy and forgot about you, but now I'm not busy anymore." 

"Do you think I'm stupid!" She flew through me as she yelled. Which caused me to sigh. I wanted to make amends with the ghost but that proved futile. 

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜

After dinner, everyone went through the hall just outside of the Great Hall, as I was walking a clump of students gathered, all looking at something. I was in the back but compared to all the younger kids I was tall, tall enough to see what happened. 

On the wall, written in blood, the message

The Chamber of Secrets has been opened... Enemies of the heir beware.

I next notice Filch's cat hanging by its tail off the torch on the wall. Harry looks very guilty.

"Enemies of the heir beware?" Malfoy reads. "You'll be next mudbloods." I furrow my eyebrows and then look over as a grouch old man moves onto the scene. 

"What's going on here? Go on. Make way, make way." I hear Filch's voice from the other side of the crowd and he comes out from the sea of students and looks at the wall, then he sees Mrs Norris.

"Mrs Norris?" He looks down at Harry. "You've.. murdered my cat."

"No.." Harry spits out quietly before Filch grabs him by his collar.

"I'll kill you..! I'll kill you!" He shouts. Dumbledore comes through and looks to the wall.

"Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately... everyone except you three." As I turn, I see Potter, Weasley. and Granger step towards Dumbledore. I see Severus and Professor McGonagal also around, so was Gilderoy. Snape and I made eye contact and I nodded down and mouthed 'potions classroom.' to him. He seemed to have gotten the message so I scurried off to go with everyone else before any of the teachers thought something was up. 

I trailed behind the rest of the Slytherin students through the dungeons, but stopped at the potions classroom. I stepped into the classroom inconspicuously and shut the door behind me. 

While I waited for Severus I went over to a bookshelf he had behind his desk, I ran my fingers over the spine of each book and read the titles if there was any. I stopped at one called 'The Lover" by Marguerite Duras.  

I flipped open to a random page and began reading. The contents inside.. quite surprised me. Especially considering it was on Severus' shelf. The pages looked quite worn, meaning it was either second hand or he read it regularly. 

I heard the classroom door open behind me so I turned and saw Severus walk in. 

"Are you alright?" He said walking towards me. 

"Yes, Severus, I'm fine." I let him get close to me, allowing me to smell the scent of old leather, parchment, and pine. The smell made me feel calm. 

"Which book is that one?" He asked, looking at the book in my hands. 

"The Lovers... I've never read it though." I blushed lightly, looking at the page I was still open to. I closed the book and looked up at him to find he was much closer than I had thought, and that he was looking right down at me. 

"Would you like to know what it's about?" He asked, his voice now much softer. The moment felt so... intimate. 

All I could do was nod at his question, feeling frozen like I had a few nights ago. 

"Very well, the book is about a young French girl, whos family starts to lose money. So instead, the girl finds this older, wealthy Vietnamese man." Severus' hand found it's way to my hair, brushing a strand away from my face and tucking it behind my ear. I let out a rigid breath at this, and then his fingertips found their way to the skin on my neck. 

He took notice to this and smiled lightly, somehow he got even closer to me, our bodies almost touching. 

"And so, the young girl and the man enter a very erotic relationship together... he provides her with the love, protection, and  support she needs, and she stays with him." His hand cups my face and I look up at him innocently. "Quite the story don't you think?" 

Again, I can only bring myself to nod in response. He moves his hand away, leaving me to yearn for more of his touch.  "Perhaps you should go to bed, Y/n." I let out a shaky sighed and took a step away. 

"Goodnight Severus." 

"Goodnight Y/n."