17

+:+

They walked in silence, but they kept their hands interlocked.

"We should wait for the bus," Soobin said, his voice no more than a whisper. "Okay,"

They walked to the bus stop and Yeonjun spoke.

"Should I let go of your hand?" He asked, finally looking the younger in the eye. Soobin shook his head and looked away, another blush on his cheeks. "Good,"

The bus arrived and they climbed on, taking seats at the back. Suddenly, a little boy sitting on his knees turns to them.

"Why are you holding hands?"

Yeonjun ignores the boy, not caring. "Because we wanted to...?" Soobin replied. The boy's eyes widened and he poked the lady next to him.

"Mum! Look! Boys can hold hands!" Yeonjun and Soobin freeze.

Ugh, homophobes. They both thought.

The lady turns shakes her head. "They are bad people honey. Being gay is wrong."

Yeonjun once again decided to ignore her, but Soobin-

"Excuse me?! First of all, boys showing affection does not make them gay! And second, being gay is absolutely okay! You're a terrible mother for teaching him other wise!"

People were now watching, expecting the mother to fight back. Instead, she turns back to her son.

"If you believe people like that, I will no longer love you."

Soobin scoffs and Yeonjun rolls his eyes. "Not much of a loving mother then, are you?" Yeonjun mutters.

She glares at him. "oh really? And is your mother okay with you being a sinner?"

Yeonjun opens his mouth, but nothing comes out. His mother didn't know...

Yeonjun closes his mouth and looks away. It makes him feel like a hypocrite. His mother wasn't the best either. How could he judge?

"Exactly! It's wrong!" The lady exclaims. The boy pouts and shakes his head.

Soobin and Yeonjun get off at the next stop, not wanting to deal with that woman.

"I feel sorry for that kid," Soobin says. Yeonjun shrugs. "I mean, cleary he wasn't straight. Why was his mum trying to change him?"

Yeonjun stayed quiet. "You're locking me out again. Why?" Soobin asked. Yeonjun ignored him.

Soobin stops walking and tugged on Yeonjun's arm. "Jun-"

"Stop. Just...Just stop talking and go home, Soobin." He let go off Soobin's hand and left him behind.

He just wanted to go home and cry.

+:+