⌜ thirty eight ⌟

yuta!❞ both johnny and ten entered the busy hospital even at this late hour and caught the person they were calling for, taking one of the benches near by the operating room. ❝where is he?!

knowing very well as to whom they meant, the actor carefully (as he didn't want to wake the person that's sleeping on his shoulder up.)  pointed his finger towards the direction where they can see jaehyun arguing with one of the nurses, persistent in wanting to take part of the surgery. 

ten heaved out a sigh and went to remove his watch, giving it to his boyfriend and also stealing a short peck from him. ❝you stay here, alright?

you're going inside?❞ as johnny took the watch given to him, he went to hold his hand and gave the shorter male a pleading look. ❝ten

i know, i'll do my best to keep him alive, trust me on this.❞ lifting his hand up and cupping his face, the last thing ten did was give him a reassuring smile before rushing towards jaehyun's direction.

being a distance away, the thai male can already here how broken jaehyun's voice sounded as he begged the nurse to let him in and take part of the surgery, has been doing that ever since they arrived on time for the doctors to take charge of the patient. but then, jaehyun wanted to make sure that they were doing it right, doubting them even when they have already mastered their profession. he was persistent in getting in, needing to see what they were doing to taeyong, but the nurse won't allow him and it's obviously because of how he is acting, not because they don't trust his skills.

don't worry, i'll do it.❞ fortunately, ten arrived just in time to volunteer for the surgery.

both jaehyun and the nurse stared at him, with the nurse nodding their head and jaehyun looking pissed at how they'd allow him. ❝but i can also do this!

no, you can't, jaehyun.❞ ten gave the nurse a knowing look, making them leave before he went in front of the broken and tired male. ❝listen to me.

he let out a groan and tried to push away the smaller figure that's blocking his way, but the thai was stubborn enough to keep on blocking him until he took hold of the taller's shoulders and made him look at him, finally, even with those glaring eyes of his.

jaehyun, you can't get inside there acting like that.❞ starting to explain, ten was having mixed feelings about his fighting spirit. he was obviously tired, he knew his thoughts were scrambled in places, and he was looking lifeless, but he still was determined to save a life, taeyong's life. if it were ten, would he also do the same? of course, that's why he understood him. ❝you are emotionally wrecked yourself, and you plan to go inside there? you're performing a surgery, and first thing you should do is to have your emotions intact, yourself focused and composed. you're already acting like this even when you haven't seen him yet, much more you'd get to see him laid down there.