Prolog: New House & New Neighbors

Prologe: New House & New Neighbors

“I like this room. It’s so much bigger than your old one.” My best friend Haley Clark said, sitting on my king-sized bed, in my new bedroom. Just two days ago, my father and I moved from New York City to this little town in northern California, called Beacon Hills. My mother died about 3 months ago from cancer, and my dad thought it was the best, to leave all the bad memories the city that never sleeps captured behind and move across the state to begin a new life.

I looked over to the fading lines of Haley on my bed and rolled my eyes at her.

“Well, it kinda has to be bigger. I mean this is a house and not just some apartment in downtown Manhattan.” I said, turning back to my mirror on the wall, continuing to tape pictures of my friends and family back in New York on the edges.

Once I was done with that it turned back around, looking around my messy room with all the moving boxes lying everywhere.

“You know, right now I really miss you. ‘Cause if you would still be alive you could actually help me unpacking.” I said to my blonde friend.

“Well, I’m dead. All I can do is to motivate you and talk to you, in the hope it will make more fun.” She said, giving me one of her one million dollar smiles.

“Uh, I know, but it’s still so exhausting. I just wish I was like those fairies in the tales. You know, the ones who just say Bibadibabidibo and all the unpacking is done.” I complained, seriously, not being in the mood to put all my stuff away.

“Well, you’re not. So, hush, hush. The sooner you start the faster you’re done. And you can explore the town, maybe there are some hot guys out there, just waiting for you.”

“Yeah, and once they find out I’m talking to my dead best friend, they will run away and think I’m crazy.”

“Maybe not. I mean your neighbor has some weird episodes sometimes, where she just screams like a banshee for no reason. And let’s not forget the guy who killed at least 5 people and held the sheriff and some students’ hostage just because he almost drowned once, or the girl who set a whole house on fire, with people in there, and killed everyone who helped her with the arson. If you think about it this town is infested with crazy people.” Haley explained.

“Did you just compare me to some serial killers?” I asked her.

“No, I just mean. I think you’re not going to stick out.” She told me.

“But it’s still crazy, that I can talk to you, even though you’ve died eight months ago, Hales.” I said thinking back to the day my best friend died in a car accident. It was a Saturday night, we were driving home from a party in Brooklyn when a drunk driver hit us. Haley died right at the scene of accident while I just had some bruises and cuts.

“But you seem to forget the fact that you’re a Half-Fay, Mack. That’s what you can do. You see dead people.” Haley said, stating only half the truth.

“Correction, you’re the only ghost I can see and I have some weird and scary nightmares.” I said to her, telling the truth, as for right now she was the only ghost I could see. To be honest, I was actually kinda happy with that, I didn’t want to relive the show ‘Ghost Whisperer’, even though I liked that show.

“Oh and another thing I want to know is: How the hell, do you know so much about this town?" I asked my blonde best friend, still wondering how she knew everything that happened in this little town over the years.

“I’m a ghost. I’m all knowing.” She said, not sounding serious at all, I just looked at her with my unbelieving look.

“Okay, I’ll tell you. You know that my parents kinda had those obsessions with towns which had some weird deaths.” Haley began to explain and I just nodded.

“Well they’re newest obsession was this town and with me still visiting them, although they can’t see me, I still got to see and hear everything. That’s how I know what happened here, ‘cause they can’t stop talking about those murder cases. And as for your neighbor I kinda watch her sometimes.” Haley explained.

“You mean you stalk her.” I corrected her last statement.

But before the blonde could reply something the sound of our door bell echoed through the new house.

“Mackenzie, can you open the door, please!” My father screamed from his room down the hallway.

I placed the books in my hand in the shelf and went downstairs, Haley following me.

“Maybe it’s some cute guy, who needs to use your phone ‘cause his car broke down.” She said.

“Or maybe it’s just one of our neighbors wanting to welcome us.” I stated.

I opened the front door, revealing a girl my age with red hair and a big smile plastered on her face.

“That’s the girl I was talking about. The one who screams like a banshee.” Haley whispered into my ear, even though she knew the girl wouldn’t be able to hear her even if she screamed it.

"Hey, I'm Lydia Martin and I'm your neighbor." The girl said and held out her hand for me to shake

*****

Hello there! thanks for clicking on this little teen wolf fanfiction.

This story is most likely going to be full of grammar mistakes and spelling errors, the reason for that is that I'm german so english isn't my first language. I will edit this story once I'm done writing it.

I hope you enjoyed reading the prolog and that you're going to stay tuned for more.

until next time

Jess (the secret cookie monster)

PS. All rights go to Jeff Davis and MTV for creating this amazing TV-show.