35.

The Marauders and Juli were in the common room, waiting anxiously for Lily. Sirius and her were trying to keep their distance in front of James but kept glancing at each other from time to time.

"Why isn't she down yet?" Remus asked, glancing towards the girls' dorm.

"Snape was her best friend and said things he shouldn't have. She needs time." Juli replied.

They sat in silence for a while before Mary McDonald came running in and went straight to Lily. They heard her knocking rapidly, saying something urgently and then the door opening. Lily finally came out of her dorm and was greeted by Juli.

"Lils hey! Are you okay? Are you going somewhere?"

"Snape is outside. Says he will sleep there if I don't talk to him." She replied flatly and went out the portrait hole.

Everyone looked at each other in confusion but waited for Lily to come back.

"He apologised." Lily said, sitting down beside Remus.

No one asked her any further, knowing that she would have said a firm no.

"At least we have the summer to look forward to." Peter said after a while, trying to lighten the mood.

James looked at all his friends curiously and without saying a word, went back to his dorm. Juli sighed and moved towards Sirius. "I have no idea how to get him to talk to me."

"Well, you have 3 months. And I will help you." He comforted her and gave her a smile.

She nodded and attempted to return the smile.

* * * * *

No one realize that 5th year had come to an end until they were actually on the Hogwarts express, going back home.

"I don't think I've ever seen so much drama before." Marlene laughed.

"Yeah, tell me about it." Lily said. "Mulciber, and James finding out and well..." She couldn't, rather, she didn't want to talk about Snape.

"Are you coming over?" Juli asked with childlike glee in her eyes.

"And watch your drama with James and Sirius? No thank you." Marlene rolled her eyes.

Lily glared at her.

"I am just kidding." She huffed. "Even though we are not muggles, my parents are worried about all the killings and the you-know-who nonsense."

The girls heard someone clearing their throat and saw James standing at the door of their compartment.

"What do you want, Potter?" Lily asked.

He was looking at Marlene with curiosity and without saying a word, turned out and left, still in his thoughts.

"Well, at least James still being weird is a break from all the drama." Dorcas commented. All the girls giggled but fell into a silence soon after. They realized that You-Know-Who was not a myth and all the muggle borns including Lily, were in danger.

"You know what I realized?" Lily whispered to Juli. "Sev stopped talking about his theory of Remus and lycanthropy just the day before there were talks of Potter saving his life. And the next day, Rem comes into the Hall, punches Sirius right in the face and doesn't care about detention."

"I, uh, well, you know the boys. They fight." Juli chuckled nervously.

Lily's eyes widened in realisation. "Oh God..." She whispered and hurried out the compartment before Juli could ask her anything.

She knocked rapidly on the boys' compartment door and Sirius lazily pulled it open with his legs.

"Hey, Evans. Missed me?" James smirked.

Ignoring his remark, she went and sat down beside Remus, who was sitting by the window. He looked at her questioningly. In fact, all the 4 boys did.

She traced his scars with her finger lightly. "Oh, Remus" She sighed kindly. "Sev was right, wasn't he?" She looked close to crying.

Remus lowered his eyes, not being able to say anything.

Lily put her arms around him, bringing him into a hug. "I know what you are thinking. I won't think any less of you. Never. You are my friend and will always be. And I promise I won't tell anyone."

"That means... so much, Lily."

She could feel him smile as he spoke.

They pulled away and Remus gave her a very happy grin and Sirius clapped him on the back.

"Why did you punch Siri anyway?" She asked.

Sirius looked away guiltily. Remus had forgiven him but he felt bad about what had happened. "I, um, I asked Snivellus to come to the Willow when he was transforming." He told her.

"You what?" Lily shouted, standing up.

"And then he got punched because he put Snape's life in danger or almost ruined it if I had bitten him." Remus added.

"I don't even know what to say to you." She was clearly upset

"Lils he is my best friend. I made a mistake and he forgave me." He looked at her anxiously.

"I am your best friend, too, Sirius!" Her voice rose again. "Would you have done the same with me?"

He shook his head sadly.

"You knew so much better. I know you did! I am not mad, just disappointed." She sighed. "So, so disappointed." She then turned around to leave.

"I am sorry, Evans. It's done, please let it go." He pleaded.

The other boys noticed that his eyes were glistening with tears. She just looked at him with a blank expression, trying not to show how hurt she was by his irresponsible behaviour.

"Best friends forgive each other. Remus did." He reasoned.

She took a deep breath. "Then we are not best friends. Not anymore."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The AWESOME book cover is by NoamanKhan1 <3