Part 3

Demi was done with the patient in front of her. The man had gotten a serrated knife stabbed into his abdomen. Through sheer luck, it hadn't hit anything vital. She moved to go to the next patient when she heard a horn. Everyone in the room went silent. Even the dying stopped moaning and groaning. Demi had never heard this particular horn before and was sure it wasn't telling them of their victory.

Turning to question Noah or Taj she saw that both were looking outside the tent, dark expressions on their faces. They turned to each other and nodded. After that Taj left. Demi backed up, unsure of what Noah was about to do.

"What's going on?" She asked. "Noah? Where did Taj go?" Her unease was shifting to fear. The predatory gleam in Noah's eyes didn't help.

Demi's eyes dipped to his hand, which had just picked up the serrated knife. She tried to run but tripped over the chain around her legs. Hitting her head on the table, Demi fell to the ground. In the process, she had knocked down a few things. Hands searching for anything to use as a weapon and body straining to get up, it was no wonder she didn't see Eric fly into the tent.

⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯

When Eric entered the tent, he really didn't know what to expect. But it was not this. As soon as he entered he saw a large man pick up a young woman off the ground. The man noticed Eric and wrapped an arm around the girl's waist, putting the knife to her throat. Two people entered behind Eric, and he automatically knew it was Doyle and Parker.

There was blood on the girl's head, and her eyes were unfocused, body limp. She had light auburn hair that loosely pulled back with strands here and there and her eyes...her eyes were varying shades of emerald, like the forest. They were light towards the iris and got darker.

After a second her eyes became focused and looked into his for a brief second. And in that brief second, Eric drifted away, it was just him and her. Something inside him clicked into place. Something he didn't even realize was out of place. Eric had never experienced anything like it before, but he knew exactly what it meant. Every fiber of being yelled it at him. And he knew it to be true.

Mate.

⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯⇯

For a brief second everything went black. Then there was light, so much light. After that, Demi saw herself in a large field. She was surrounded by golden grass that flowed freely around her. There was wind in her hair and a smile plastered on her face. The setting sun glittered while she spun. She was happy and free and..and it was a dream. When Demi came to, she had a blade to her neck and was pushed up against who she assumed was Noah. There were three other men, who she quickly saw were not Urans. Demi looked into one of their eyes for a second, seeing how beautiful they were, she got slightly lost in them.

Demi mentally slapped herself, saying that this wasn't the time. When she focused enough, she remembered the scalpel she'd grabbed. Demi let it slide down her hand so that at the right angle she could slit Noah's throat with a flick of her wrist. The men had started speaking, but she couldn't hear them over the ringing in her ears. Demi could practically feel the beautiful eyed man looking at her. She could also feel the blade being slowly pressed into her neck.

Demi closed her eyes for a brief second and took a deep breath. After opening them and seeing the situation was still as it had been before, her resolve hardened. Before she could rethink it and procrastinate, Demi stomped on Noah's foot hard, cursing his gripped loosened just enough for her to spin around and flick the scalpel across his throat in one swift movement.

Noah backed up and put his hands to his throat. With his eyes bulging he fell to the ground. Demi didn't hesitate to grab badges to press to Noah's injury. She may have caused it, but she'd be damned if she let it kill him. Letting instinct guide her, she applied pressure. Her mouth started moving but Demi couldn't make out whatever she said. A second later somebody handed her a needle and thread.

Blood was everywhere as Demi stitched Noah up. He had lost a lot, but he wouldn't die. Sometime during this process, he had passed out. Demi was still in that state of calm. Some called it a killing calm, but hers was the opposite of that. She had fallen so deep into her mind she didn't notice as somebody started to guide her out of the tent. Or when she was put on a horse, or when she was brought into a strange camp and put into a cell. Demi didn't see any of the unfamiliar world around her, and at this point, she could hardly tell that it existed.

~

Please vote, comment, etc., and have a great day!