The Becoming Of A Legend

Chapter 1

Skimming through the shelves packed with hundreds, if not more, colorful books on them should lift Izuku's spirits. Especially looking through the hero comic part, but it didn't. At all. If anything, it added more salt to the rhetorical wound.

Quirkless.

He was  mad that he was weak.

He was Quirkless after all.

Because of... something, he didn't know what it was. The Doctor explained it to his mom, but he used words that Izuku couldn't understand at his age. Besides, he was more focused on the crushing feeling he felt. His ambition, his dream... taken away from him. All because he didn't have what most of the society possessed.

Without a quirk, he couldn't be a hero. Kacchan said it, the doctor said it, his mom said it... not directly, but he figured it out when she hugged him tightly and apologised continuously while shedding tears.

Izuku shook his head, trying to get rid of all those thoughts. His mom came with him to this shop, so he could get some new hero comics and cheer him up. While he still had trouble reading and didn't understand a bigger part of the words used in them without explanation, he still enjoyed them, the colors, the action. heroes saving people and triumphing over villains. Izuku truly found himself wrapped in the world of comics.

He eyed the books on the shelves. Most of them had All Might on their cover. Izuku wasn't surprised by that, All Might was Number One Hero in Japan and America after all. It was only natural for people wanting to see his adventures, even if most of them were fictional. Everyone enjoyed them anyway.

Under normal circumstances Izuku would grab one of them to his already large collection without a second thought, but this weren't normal circumstances. All Might represented everything that Izuku couldn't ever hope to archive. All Might was a true hero with a charming smile and a powerful quirk. And Izuku couldn't even get a chance to try to become one.

With a silent sigh, he hung his head low and left the shelf. He wandered for some time looking at the floor, before his eyes rose up. Izuku tilted his head to the side. He was still in the hero part of the comic section, but this comics were different.

Lines were more sharp to them, colors more toned, but still somehow flashy. But the most important thing was that, Izuku didn't recognize any of the heroes here, which for a dedicated hero fan was simply ground breaking. He deduced that may be some older heroes, like more than twenty years before him.

There was a guy with a hammer, red cape and some kind of armor with lighting around him. Then a huge, green human, whose muscles were rivalling All Might's, that was smashing through a wall. Next was a man in blue costume with a shield that had a fierce expression and explosions in the background, while jumping through the air. And then... some kind of flying robot?, but the robot looked like a person. None of those rung any bell's in Izuku's head, and as a dedicated hero fan he couldn't allow that kind of disgrace to shine upon him.

Intrigued and determined, he took one of those with the humanoid robot. First thing he noticed was that the comics was rather dusty and the paper felt kind of old. Ignoring it for now, he started looking at the pages.

Imagine his shock when it turned out it wasn't robot, It was a suit of some kind, that the main character made for himself to battle crime. Before Izuku knew it had read four of those comics.

"Izuku, honey, what are you looking at?"

His mom voice brought him up from his lecture. Izuku looked from the page he was reading at, to his mother who crouched next to him eyeing th comics sprawled around the floor.