Friable

(Adj.) Easily broken into pieces or reduced to nothing

Jisung's Pov

I was engulfed in a tight hug as soon as we came in, which I suppose, is Channie's room. It was dimly lit, with the sun almost gone outside. His head was buried in my neck as my back touched the closed door. I slowly caressed his hair, maybe that'll calm him down.

This was the first time that I've seen him act like this. He never raises his voice in front of me. I was scared at first but I realised, he's probably more scared than I am. He's scared of my reaction, it's so evident in his eyes.

"Chan.. let's sit down.. hmm?" I asked brushing his hair. I felt him nod and he pulled back. I smiled and grabbed his hand, pulling him towards the bed. He sat on the edge, still looking down. I know he feels embarrassed, but I really don't care. If he can be with me when I'm down, why can't I?

"Baby..." That took more courage than I imagined. He stopped momentarily. Then I took a breath, smiling at him as I again ran my fingers through his silky raven locks.

"I'm here." I whispered.

Then he did something that surprised me. He pulled me in a hug with his face buried in my stomach and arms tightly wrapped around my waist. I relaxed in his grip and lightly wrapped my hands around his neck, caressing his hair. It was a few moments later that I realised that my he is crying.

"I'm sorry.." He mumbled. I smiled and looked down at him.

I took a deep breath. Okay Jisung! You can do this!

I bent down a bit with my hand under his chin, I pulled his face up and pressed my lips on his covered forehead. The familiar citrus smell made me confident and comfortable. It's when you know that this is what you should do. Like this is it. This is perfect.

He let out a breath closing his eyes. I pulled back and pressed my forehead to his, smiling like a crazy person. His hands cupped my face as his thumb caressed my cheek.

"How did I get so lucky..?" He breathed out. I opened my eyes to find him staring right back. What his father said did hurt me, but it wasn't something that I wasn't prepared for.

What scares me is the person in front of me... Not because the way he got angry or.. the way he shouted in front of his parents. But the way he protected me; that scares me. It scares me to see how much I mean to him. What if I can't be on the same level as him? What if I can't give him what he gives me?

But I will do as much as I can. I never had someone who protected me like this, but I always wanted one. Now that I do... I can see why love is anxiousness.

"C'mon.. let's get you to bed. You must be tired." I said brushing a few bangs out of his face. He smiled and nodded looking up at me. I must tell him someday, I love his smile. He laid down and pushed himself back to make some place for me.

I pouted and shook my head, inching a bit back. He looked a bit disappointed and hurt but he didn't show it on his face for more than second, but that second is enough for me. He forced upon a smile and was about to turn around when I grabbed his hand and laid it out.

What? Can't I have a personal pillow?

I laid down next to him with my head on his arm. I was blushing cherries, not even exaggerating. I pulled on the covers for both of us and then I did the mistake of looking up at him because he was staring right back without even blinking.

Maybe it was the night sky that reflected in his eyes through the window but his eyes seemed to shine like millions of stars. How can I thank him for existing?