Chapter One: Amelia's POV

"Wake up Amelia!" screamed my mother. I roll over and look at the time shit I overslept. I have to be at school in thirty-five minutes. I roll out of bed, and I grab some clothes for the day. I throw a flowy pink top over my petite frame; the shirt comes off my bony shoulder and slides partially down my thin arm. I slip on some black, skinny jeans over my long legs, having to jump to get them over my curves. I put some Vans on my feet. I do some light coverage foundation over my pale smooth skin. I use a nude shade of eyeshadow with hints of sparkle to bring some focus to my baby blue eyes. I throw my mascara and lip gloss on and finish my makeup with a setting. I look at the time it's 7:10 in the morning.

I live about a five minutes drive to school. I put my long hair into a messy bun on top of my head. Running late for school, I won't have time to meet up with my friends before class. I start jogging down the stairs, skipping every other step. "Hurry up, or you'll be late!" I can hear my mom in the kitchen.

"Calm down Ma, I'm ready whenever you are." I respond with a smile as I grab a jean jacket and put it on.

"Yes, I wanted to tell you something. Your dad and I have been talking, we know you got your license five months ago on your sixteenth birthday. We figured it may be time you can start driving yourself, in your own car." My mom says as she hands over the keys to her old slightly rusty black 4 door sedan. I look back at the keys and her as a smile forms on my lips.

"You guys are giving me your car? What are you going to be driving? Oh my god, thank you! Thank you guys so much! I love you guys!" I say as I run towards my mom giving her a bear hug. She starts to laugh slightly.

"Well we talked about, we thought it may be time for you to get a car to drive yourself to places. Plus we talked and are going to get me a new car today when your dad gets home from work later today. There will be rules for you having this car which we will discuss tonight, but we trust you. Now you're welcome dear, but you must get going or you'll be late. Have a wonderful day sweetie." She responds then kisses me on the forehead.

"Shit! I'll see you later! Bye!"

"Hey watch your language!"

"Sorry mom!" I say running out the door with a smile on my face, I hop into the car and turn the radio on and listen to a song off my playlist.

I arrive at school, park the car and book it for school. I run to my locker and grab my books for my first two classes English and then math. As I run I almost bump into Damon but just barely miss him. I look up and have to bend my neck to see his face as I fall right at his chest. He has short brown hair, green eyes, and a muscular physique, he is one of the most popular guys in school and runs the school. Teachers don't even mess with him and I am not sure why. He is with his friends Zack and Tanner, both of them are also tall, maybe an inch shorter than Damon, they are slightly less muscular than Damon, but both are still very fit. All of them are popular and players, none of them are my type. I am probably the only girl in this school not obsessed over them. I mean don't get me wrong, they are attractive but not my type. "Sorry." I say as quietly as I walk past him and head to class. I hear him slightly chuckle as I walk past. As I open the door to class the bell rings.

"Ms. James, please be in your seat by the time the bell rings or next time you will get detention." Ms. Burke says.

I put my head down, "Yes Ms. Burke, sorry won't happen again." I mumble out as I sit down in my seat and open my notebook. The class dreaded on and I was in my own world drawing. I barely even heard the bell ring, I picked up my bag and left for my next class. I met up with Megan outside math. "Hey girl, how's your day going?" I asked.

"Pretty good, want to come over after school today?" Megan asked while we walked into the class.

"Sure, I can drive us, my mom gave me her old car!" I respond.

"That's great, can't wait!" We walk into class together, and we sit through yet another drawn-out boring lecture.