Chapter 3: Not Impossible

TRIGGER WARNING

There are going to be two scenes in this chapter that graphically describe self-harm. I'm going to mark where it starts and ends, so if this may in anyway trigger you, or if you just don't feel comfortable reading that sort of thing, please skip ahead. Like I said, I'll be marking where it starts and ends pretty clearly, so read at your own discretion.

~~~

In...Out...In...Out...In...

As Leah breathed out once more, she heard someone sit down next to her.

"Hey, Sam," she greeted, her eyes remaining closed.

"Wow, you're getting good," Sam commented.

Leah laughed, then opened her eyes to meet his.

"No, but I've been here for two months; I know what your footsteps and breathing sound like," she said, putting her palms against the grass so she could lean back a bit.

"Oh," Sam said. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."

"It's fine," Leah said. "I'm not even sure if it's working, to be honest."

"Still nothing?" Sam asked.

"No, but I don't really know what to be feeling for anyways."

There was a brief pause where the two just sat there and stared down at the grass.

"I like the hair," Sam pointed out, changing the subject.

"Thanks," Leah said. "I got tired of wearing red every day, so I figured this way I'd technically be wearing red all the time and I could actually wear most of my wardrobe."

"That's actually a good idea," Sam said.

"Now, I know you didn't come all the way out here to talk about my hair," Leah teased. "So what's up?"

Sam let out a short laugh.

"No, I didn't," he admitted. "Dean and I've been talking and we were wondering if you might wanna come with us on our next hunt?"

"You want me to go on a hunt with you guys?" Leah questioned in disbelief and confusion.

"Well, sort of. We don't even really know if we have a case yet or not, but yeah," Sam said. "I mean, you've been training with Dean whenever we're here, and to be honest, we feel kinda bad about leaving you here with Bobby all the time. Not that Bobby's not fun to be around or anything, but I mean you left your home in Connecticut for us to help you with your psychic stuff and we haven't been around all that much. So, you wanna come with us?"

"Y-Yeah, sure," Leah said. "Where are we going?"

"Missouri," Sam answered. "We're planning on leaving soon, so we should probably head back to the house so you can grab your things."

"All right," Leah said, picking up the couple of things she'd brought out with her. "Let's go, then."

~~~

"Why're we stopping?" Leah asked, pulling an ear bud out of her ear.

"Bathroom break," Dean answered. "You need?"

Leah shook her head. "No, thanks."

When they pulled into the gas station parking lot, Sam opened up his door and got out, leaving Dean and Leah alone.

"You don't need to go?" Leah asked.

"Nah," Dean said. "I've got a bladder of steel."

Leah smiled a bit, and there was a bit of a pause.