The You And Me Time

"Ready?" Abir's question made her nodd in response before getting down of her car.
There was Tanya already waiting for them. Mishti was... a bit hesitant.. facing her but the girl looked cheerful! Before Mishti could actually utter anything, she hugged her! "God Mishti! You scared us to death!" "I'm sorry I just..." Mishti struggled. "Oh please! Don't be! Come let's go inside" Taniya took her inside not before glancing at Abir... dancing her brows once with a smirk.

"Tani just take my car keys from driver dada, will you? He'll be coming any minute" Abir stated before starting the dinner. Nodding to a yes and then looking at Mishti, Taniya started, "By the way Abir! You are way too lucky I'm telling you! Mishti is actually so sweet!" Folding her lips for once, Mishti retorted, "No Taniya... I'm way too lucky to get him in my life" "You can call me Tani" Feeling her hand over her's, Mishti smiled at her, "Tani"

It only took more than a minute to start a heartiful relation between Mishti and Tani and soon they got involved into some quick chit-chat...

"And do not hesitate to inform me anything you need alright?" Tani assured her once again before leaving from the room. She continued, "The immediate next room is Abir's. He's freshening up... You too need to right? So I'll leave now okay! Good night" Smiling up, Mishti nodded with a smile in response, "Good night Tani".

.....

Abir was busy reliving the moment that has just passed on... the moments for which he could give up his life... the moment he would cherish forever... His dream come true... How he felt alive after so so so long a time! How he felt life... felt love... felt the heartbeats... felt them...
Hufff life is really full of surprises!

A sudden knock on the door and... Of course! There was she smiling with an forever smiling smile. Looking at her, his lips widened...
"So? What were you doing?" Mishti questioned. "I... I was trying to sleep" Abir replied.
"Sleep?! Apne birthday pe kaun sota hai?!"
"Mai"
"What mai?! You are not gonna sleep now that's it! It's an order!"

Abir though couldn't utter a word, was liking every part of this conversation... He loved how Mishti was claiming her rights on him...
Clearing his voice Abir started, "Uhhm Mishti, Why do I feel the vibe of a husband wife conversation?!" "Whaaat?! Husband wife?! Ewww itni jaldi shaadi kaun karte hai! And waise bhi I've to redecorate this room and all and you! Baaki sab baad me" She replied in a proud tone.
"What?! You wanna redecorate me?" Abir asked joining his brows. "Yeaaah of course! I need to make you a bit colourful Mr. Lambu" Mishti was confident.
"So.... You wanna decorate me... now?" As Abir started advancing towards her slowly, Mishti replied proudly trying to hide a pinch of nervousness, "Aaaah! Why not! Today, on his birthday, I'll paint my Abir!!!" Abir laughed out noticing her small jump.

Bringing the colours, Abir sat down on the bed in front of Mishti, who was busy calculating some unknown things looking all around the room. "So? You wanna start?" Abir questioned.
No! Never in her life before, could Mishti feel Abir's such a deep voice! What is this effect on her?!
"Ye... aah" she stumbled and then took up the brush. "Close your eyes" she continued.
Abir could only feel the brushes and some kinda wet thing all over his face. He knew he was being 'decorated'.

Minutes passed but surely these were not minutes! These were ages! "Mishti.... How much more?!" Abir tried to interrupt. "Shhh don't talk!" Mishti shut him down.
Several other ages passed and finally.... Mishti announced, "Done! Now you go and look at yourself. Go!!!!!"
"Are you sure I'll be able to look at myself?" Abir knew something terrible had happened already!
Opening his eyes, he tried to glance at himself...
His eyelids were covered with red while his cheeks had a mixed colour of green and red and black with the foreheads covered by black.
Smiling, he started in a confident tone, "I so knew this!" Turning towards her, he continued, "By the way Mishti, why do I feel like hugging you now?!"
"What? No! Abir no! No! Nooooo!!" Mishti already started hovering all over the bed and all around the room...
"Come! Come na! Mishtiiiiiiiiii!" Abir ran behind her trying to catch her... jailing her in-between his arms.
"Nahiiii Ab.. Abirrr nooo!"
"Yeaaaaah!"
"Eeeee Abir Abir!"
"I got you! Got you!"
And finally they collided.... "Ab bachke kaha jaogi! Mishti ranii!"
"Ewww that's horrible Abir! Rani like seriously?!!"
"And so are these colours!!! Horrible!" Abir expressed.
"And the worst part is.... the longer you keep them, stronger the colour gets!" Mishti informed in a proud tone!
"What the hell! Why didn't you tell me before?! Urghhh Mishtiii!!!" And Abir ran to clean himself up.

Meanwhile Mishti's glance fell on the photograph pasted at the corner of the wall....

"Finally! Those were real nasty colours!" Abir exclaimed as he came out of the washroom, cleaning himself up... Mishti smiled... though a little faint one...
"Come..." Mishti spread out her hand... welcoming him in her embrace... And they settled themselves on the bed sitting beside each other, grabbing hands... as a mean of support... for a lifetime...
"Abir?"
"Hmm?"
"Do you miss your family?"
Abir sat there... paused... He didn't really expect this...
"Uhh..hh this question all of a sudden?" He could only manage to speak this... "Just answer me Abir" Mishti was adamant to know about this...

"I had always been 'Achha Beta' of the family... Never took a decision which they didn't like... I just had one wish... One simple one... I wanted to study music... I wanted to do music... I wanted to choose my career. But the 'Achha Betas' of the family can not do that! They forced me to start business and.... I gave up on my dreams to fulfill theirs... And I left that house Mishti... I... I left that house... It was such a suffocating environment! So I left that house... and never went back... But...."
"But?" Mishti murmured.
"I.. I miss my parents..." A lone tear escaped the corner of his eyes "I really do" Abir weeped turning towards her.
"They... They never came to see you all these years?" Gathering some courage, Mishti questioned.
"Never" he could only whisper...

Giving up a forced smile, Mishti whispered, "Come..." And made him bend down... placing his head on her lap... Loosing her fingers in those dark smooth hairs...
Kissing down his forehead, she continued to caress him... And soon got lost in some deep... deep... deep thought...
Making sure he's asleep after a while, she took up her phone and typed...

I need your help.

And... Sent!

.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: So we are almost at the end of this story. Hope you liked this update. Stay connected ❣️