Chapter 44

"Leo! You came back for me!!!!" she said. Leo struggled to get out of her hold without using his powers. So, he slowly patted her arm and looked at the twins with a 'get me out of here' look. But something hit me hard on the head, and that's just an expression. But seriously, I couldn't bear to stand there when, with whatever was happening in front me, was going on. I knew I had to get out of there. Slowly, without trying to make it obvious, I tried slipping out of the shop, but a hand caught my wrist just before I could go. I turned back and I saw Leo looking at me. "Don't go." he whispered. I gave him a small smile. I slowly freed myself from his grip and walked backwards. "I'll see you later." I whispered back and I swear I heard the girl say "Yeah let her go! You have me right here sweetie!" and with that I walked down away from the street, going anywhere my legs would take me. I had found a park and I sat watching the sun. "You cannot keep denying your feelings for him anymore KC." I heard my watch beep. "Lexi, I don't know what to do! I've never felt like this before. And when Evelyn or whatever her name is put her arms around him, I wanted to burn down the place." I said and sighed. 

"That's what you feel when you care for someone a lot, even if you don't realize it." I heard a voice behind me. I turned back and saw Greg looking at me. "What do you mean?" I asked and gave him place to sit. "The first time I saw Amaya at the mall on your phone, the first thing I noticed was how her eyes light up when she smiles. That stayed on my mind for few days until I knew I had to get to know more about her. And then she came home, I met her and I realized I cared about her more than I thought I did." he said. Realization dawned upon me. "You care a lot about Leo. I can see it every time you look at him, or even talk about him." he paused. "When you like someone, if you see him with someone else, be it your own brother, best friend, or anyone, you get jealous. You feel sad when they're sad, happy when they are. It's all part of growing up." he said and gave me a smile. "I've watched movies and stuff, but I never thought I would feel like this." I said and looked down. "Hey." he said causing me to look up. 

"Trust me when I say that Leo does NOT like Everly Winter. And seeing the guy he is, he never will." he laughed and it made me smile. "Come on. He's searching for you. Plus, we still have to get home for the story of our Photo Timeline!" and we went back to where the others were. Immediately they came to me, Leo obviously the fastest. "Are you alright?"  he asked. I smiled nervously. "I'm fine." I said and he looked a little relieved. "Oh um here, I brought this for you." he said and took out a closed ice cream box. It was still perfectly intact, not even one drop of melted ice cream! "I know that chocolate's your favorite!" he said. "It hasn't melted." I said, looking down at it again. "I can keep things cold remember?" he said and I smiled like an idiot. "Go ahead. I'll be eating this!" I said and he nodded. He joined the other  in the front while I kept eating. 

"Hey! YOU!" I heard the same voice call behind me. With my spoon in my mouth, I turned back and saw the last person I wanted to see today. Everly. "What do I owe this pleasure?" I asked, trying to keep my cool even though the ice cream was cold. "Stay away from Leo. He's mine!" she said and made an attempt to catch my collar, but I moved away just in time. I ignored what she said and kept walking in the direction I was going. "Didn't you hear what I said?!?" she shouted and few people who were walking turned to look at what was going on. I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at her. I felt my eyes burn with fire coming into them. "Let me make one thing clear." I said dangerously, she moved a slightly backward and she gulped. "No one. Tells me. What to do." I said and she pointed a finger to my face. "Y-you have f-fire in your e-eyes!" she stuttered. "Now you know what happens when you mess with me." I said, turned on my heel and continued back the house.