Chapter 4~ Partners

CLARA'S POV

  "We have got to stop meeting like this," I told Harry, my eyes now adjusted to the light and focused on his beautiful face, aside from the slight purple bruise by his temple where I kicked him.

  "Easy. Just put the gun down," he told me, and I snickered.

  "Excuse me for feeling the need to point a gun at the guy that tortured me, then, came back for me after my escape," I countered, tilting my head to the side.

  "I didn't torture you, Marcus did," he told me, like he wasn't in the other room watching it happen.

  "Oh, how is ole' Marcus?"

  "Still a little mad at you. I'm sure he'd love a rematch," he told me, a grin on his face.

  "I'm sure he would," I said, the tension increasing as neither of us lowered our guns.

  "So, tell me how did you escape? Aside from all your spy training," Harry asked me with a smirk on his face, proud he had somewhat figured out my identity.

  "Ah, a good spy never reveals her secrets," I said, giving up my criminal act as I accepted I would have to kill Harry since he knew too much. I didn't want to, but it had to be done. "How did you know I had cut through my bonds?" Harry's smirk deepened, and he lowered his gun, tucking it into the back of his tight black jeans.

  "A good spy never reveals his secrets."

HARRY'S POV

  I watched the women's face in front of me change from a smirk to a look of surpirse, and then distrust as she raised her gun back up as it had started to drop.

  "Who do you work for?" she fired, determination clear in her beautiful, captivating eyes.

  "We're on the same side," I told her, raising my hands slightly so she could see I wasn't making a move for my gun. "Just ask Director Rain," I added, watching as surprise filled her beautiful features again.

  "Let's go," she suddenly said, pointing towards the door with her gun. "Slowly," she added, and I had started to turn around to follow her command when I heard her wince as she took a step. I sighed, looking at her leg and knew it was mostly my fault. I needed to know who she was and what she wanted with Robert Gibbs, but I shouldn't have let it get that far. Then again, I had no idea who she was at that time.

  "Let me help you," I offered, starting to move towards her but stopped when she raised her gun even more.

  "You've done enough," she said, her playful mood gone and now replaced with pain, and determination. "Now let's go," she said louder, and I obliged, walking out of her room and down one of the long, winding staircases that would eventually lead me to Director Rain's office. I knew since I had already been there eariler, being informed of the huge task I had up ahead.

CLARA'S POV

  I had Harry knock on the door, and waited before a large, muscular man opened the door, first seeing my gun and was about to reach for what I assumed was his, when Harry spoke.

  "It's alright. She just needs to talk to Rain," he told him, and the man calmed at once, opening the door for both of us. Director Rain didn't look at all surprised to see me pointing this gun at Harry, but gave me a smile instead.

  "I see you two have already meet," she said, standing up and motioning to the two chairs in front of her for both of us to sit. "Good," she said, taking her own seat as we sat down. "And for God's sake, put the weapon down, Walker. They're allies," she told me, and I immediately did, not making eye contact with Harry as I could see him looking at me. The large man stood behind Harry's chair, and I got the sense they were familiar with each other.