Sixteen Years Later

"Jake. Come on, you need to get up." I shook his shoulder.

He rolled over and slowly opened his big, brown eyes. "Now, we have to be quiet, okay? Daddy's still sleeping."

"Okay, Mommy." Jake nodded tiredly.

"Now, here's your clothes. Get dressed and come downstairs for breakfast." I instructed, putting his outfit on his nightstand.

He nodded and I walked out of the room, shutting his door behind me. I went downstairs and made him some toast with bacon and eggs. He was rubbing his eyes as he came into the kitchen. "Where's Daddy?"

"He's sleeping in. He's tired from work." I frowned inwardly.

"What does he do?" Jake asked curiously.

"He's an IT manager, which means he works with computers. He makes sure they work." I explained, smiling at his curiosity.

"What do you do?" he asked, biting into a piece of toast.

"I am the event planner for a packaging company. I make sure that all the parties that they have go well." I wiped a bit of jelly off his cheek.

He finished his breakfast and I looked at the time. I smiled. "Perfect. Let's get on the bus. It is your first day of kindergarten, and you don't want to be late for that."

Jake practically ran to the front door, snatching his new backpack full of supplies off the hook. I laughed quietly as he scrambled to get his shoes on. I helped him fix the buckles and walked outside with him to the end of the street.

The bus pulled away with Jake on it and I walked back to the house, locking the door behind me. I washed Jake's breakfast plate and placed it in the dishwasher. I made myself coffee as I heard trudging behind me. A pair of arms wrapped around my waist, making me smile.

"Why didn't you wake me up, princess?" Ethan asked.

"You were a bit tired last night, so I thought I'd give you a break." I turned around, kissing him quickly.

I turned back around as Ethan felt my stomach. "You're going to have to go on leave soon, honey."

"I know. I just want to get a few more things done and then I'll be perfectly fine at home." I assured him. "My boss said two weeks."

"At least she's nice to you." Ethan reasoned.

"She's very nice to me." I corrected him. "Now, what do you want for breakfast?"

"You." Ethan smiled.

"Ethan Morgan!" I turned around, smacking his arm and trying not to smile. "I am six months pregnant, you crazy."

"But that doesn't mean I can't stop loving you." Ethan retorted.

"Nothing can stop you from loving me, even me." I giggled.

"Got that right." Ethan kissed my nose. "Come on, I'll make you breakfast."

"Ethan-"

"Let me treat you." Ethan cut me off. "You made breakfast for Jake and helped him onto the bus, let me make us breakfast."

"You're so stubborn." I sighed, sitting on one of the stools on the island.

"You love it." Ethan kissed my forehead across the counter.

"It's sad that it's true." I pouted, teasing him.

"I love you, princess." Ethan cooed.

"I love you too, my prince."