Bubble Gum

Based off of the song Bubble Gum by Clairo and i stg if you don't listen to it right now-
also sweetladykisses is a literal genius ily

—————

It was the 5th of December, a cold day for the McKinley High students. One student in particular would argue that this was the coldest day of the year, but she sadly had zero proof.

That student was Santana Diabla Lopez. Known for her killer looks, as well as her deathly insults- people usually steered clear of her, or they went around wanting to be with her. Her Cheerios co-captain, Quinn, just thought that Santana was highly annoying, rude, and selfish. Though that can be true a lot of the time, there is one person who believes Santana has a heart of gold.

Brittany S. Pierce. Third friend added to the Unholy Trinity, though the students aren't sure where she stands. Quinn has that charm that every boy wants, but they'll never get, Santana has that snappy attitude with the looks to back it up, and, well, Brittany is just Brittany. The students at McKinley have made her out to be the ditzy, dumb blonde.

Though the Unholy Trinity rules the school, Brittany and Santana are that one friendship that doesn't make sense, but yet they work so well together.

Exhibit A- Santana was walking down the hallways of McKinley High, glaring at anyone who tried to maintain eye contact with her for more than four seconds. One feeble student, a freshman- known around the school as 'that one girl with those weird khaki pants'- was forcibly tripped right in front of the Latina by none other, the 'lady killer' Noah Puckerman, or Puck.

The underclassmen fell to the ground with a squeak, her books sliding to touch the very tip of Santana's white converse.

Some people laughed at the action, while others stared in disbelief as they awaited the terrifying wrath of Santana Lopez.

Before Santana could utter a single insult, a wisp of blonde hair came right up next to the cheerio.

"Hey, san!" Brittany smiled, then realized what was happening. She looked down at the poor girl, extending out her hand and picking up the tattered textbooks. Brittany let her other hand reach out to the girl, helping her up then giving the heavy books back.

Santana stood rigid, and everyone else was confused too. The brunette hadn't spoken a single angry word at the blonde for helping an underclassmen up. Instead, she shrugged in response and waited until the freshman was gone.

"So, tonight? I asked Quinn, but she couldn't make it. It'll just be us too at my house," Santana knew in the back of her mind that she didn't even ask Quinn. She had just wanted to be with Brittany.

The bubbly blonde nodded happily, and the two made their way to the gym for Cheerios practice. The Latina acted as if nothing happened. As if she weren't about to just rip that poor freshman apart, and as if Brittany doing the nice thing wasn't out of the ordinary. Granted, Santana was walking on thin ice ever since Brittany had to scold her for laughing when a student accidentally dropped his biology project of a cell, crushing it completely. That, and Brittany was Santana's soft spot.

On their way to the gym, Brittany looked towards her brunette friend. "You said Quinn couldn't come?" She asked, her brows furrowing in confusion. "I could've sworn she was saying earlier how she was just going to do nothing after practice."

Santana stiffened once more, letting out a nervous chuckle. "Yeah, well, something came up. Though now I'm starting to think that it's someone. Puck is the obvious choice," She rolled her eyes, thinking that was the quickest lie she could come up with.