The origin of Amara Baggins

Amara Tells grew up in the very worst part of town where laws are meant to be broken and cops are never found unless they are crooked or looking for a snitch. Amara knew she would never be able to leave. This was home to her. She was well known for being an excellent student by day but an even better thief at night. Amara carried a large knife she stole from some museum on her person at all times. People knew she was an expert at using it. Amara cared little for how she looked so she rarely ever wore make up or anything of the such. Her days were typically the same.
- wake up routine
- school
- archery practice
- come home to the orphanage and chores
- homework
- nightly job (stealing) be back by 11
- come back and divide up the nightly haul with the orphanage matron
- bed (read the Hobbit)
Amara did this day in day out Monday thru Friday. She had no real friends no real ties for why she stays in the Gutter (the name of the bad part of town). Amara had the same routine from the time she was six years old still learning the street life. The Ladies of the Night insisted she keep up with school and be good at it. The better the education the easier it is not to be tricked. The men who worked with gangs said that she needed to be tough so sent her to people whom taught her to fight. The crooked cops taught Amara that the best thing is to always be observant for you never know what information is good information so she trained herself to always remember everything and to always watch. Amara never owned a lot of things and being a thief was a necessity to pay off people so she could live safely. Amara Tells had two faces. The one she wore to school was cool but unapproachable, always work and study hard, always have to be the best. The one she wore while working cold, hard, and can always be bought. She had no loyalty outside of what she needed to survive. Amara only showed her true side once she was in bed and opening the cover to her favorite book, The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. Amara's face will light up when it is funny but cries when the Durin family dies. She cursed Gandalf on many occasion saying that he deliberately waited until the last possible moment to get Bilbo and give out information that was necessary for success. Amara went to sleep like any other night after a long day of her life, but she was not expecting to wake up to sheer chaos and her life being turned upside down. She was on the ground when she knew she was suppose to be in her bed. Amara couldn't move like she was being restrained. It was freezing cold in the middle of July. She could barely see when her eye sight used to be pretty good. There was a large round door in front of her that she could vaguely remember. The door opened and a giant was in the door way. Amara realized she had shrunk.
"Bungo! Bungo, come look what's at the door?" The woman called
"What is it, Belladona? You startled Bilbo." The man said appearing in the door way
Belladona picked up Amara, who now realized she was a baby.
"Well hello there... who are you?" Belladona murmured pulling Amara close to her chest
"Look someone pinned something to the blanket. Amara." Bungo said
"What a pretty name." Belladona said before turning to Bungo with a gleam in her eye
Bungo groaned at that look. The Look got him and Belladona in many a trouble over the years but he could never say no to it. He loved this woman and apparently his little family grew one more.
"Amara Baggins it is. Though she is clearly not a hobbit she must be a human girl. My luck she'll end up with the Took side of your family soon enough." Bungo said with a shake of his head
"Oh what ever shall you do with two Took women, Bungo dear?" Belladona teased
"Love them dearly as any Baggins should." Bungo said before wrapping an arm around Belladona's waist
Belladona smiled and gave a hearty laugh before walking to one of the guest that would later become Amara's room. Amara was laid down and the large blanket pulled away. Bilbo, 15 years old, came running into the room and saw the baby that Bungo was quick to explain. Bilbo was excited because he had always wanted a sister to spoil and get into mischief with. The Baggins family walked around the Shire the following day telling the tale of Amara was brought to the family to raise. Amara quickly began to learn different thing that were different than the book such as the Thain really was like a king of sorts for the Hobbits. The Baggins were kin to royalty. The Shire had many farms so they had a hand in many trade situations. As Amara grew Belladona introduced her to Elrond and his family through Bilbo decided to stay with Bungo in the Shire. Amara was taught the art of the sword by the elves as well as the language. Amara grew up with the Hobbit language. Amara proved to be a "natural" at archery and knife work. Over Amara's young life the Baggins believed Amara to be gifted by Yavanna to be a seer. Amara could "sense" what was going to happen. Amara never told them the truth. She let them believe what they wished to believe. Amara in her teen years was deemed blessed by Yavanna and considered one of her Chosen. When Amara was 16, she was being chased by 3 Men. They were drunk and up to no good. They eventually caught short little Amara and began to say that she should be grateful to serve them. She struggled to get her knife but her hand was too far away so she screamed and struggled with her eyes shut. Moments later the Men were wrapped in vines and hanging above her when the Hobbit bounders came after hearing her screams. Amara was the Shire's top secret among how the Hobbits protect themselves. The Hobbits survived based off of the saying "let people believe what they wish to believe". Amara tried to change certain things but her knowledge wasn't always 100% all of the time. The day that Belladona and Bungo died was traumatizing and brutal. They were in their winter cottage 5 days walk (for Humans) outside of Bree. The Baggins family having met with Gandalf in their stay agreed to wait for Gandalf so he may escort them back to the Shire. They waited for a week and Gandalf never showed so they packed to head back on their own before winter fully set in, which would make getting to the Shire impossible. The first time Amara met the orcs and Azog they had barged into their home. Bungo was killed first protecting Bilbo with his his conkers, medium sized balls with spikes. One of the orcs skewered him from behind. Belladona in the midst of her rage fought valiantly against Azog with Amara by her side with their swords. Azog with a lucky swing slit Amara across her chest and ended up stabbing Belladona in the heart. Azog had new scars across his face thanks to the two women and he with his minions ran off. Belladona with her and Bungo's last breathe laid beside each other and held each others hand muttering their goodbyes to their weeping children. Belladona and Bungo Baggins died moments before Gandalf and the Rangers arrived, while Bilbo sat cradling his dying sister surrounded by blood, grief, and horrifying death. Bilbo himself injured with three large claw marks across his chest. Amara and Bilbo orphaned at the ages of 20 and 35 respectively. When Gandalf went to see to Amara, Bilbo grabbed her sword and swung at him.
"Not you! Anyone but you." Bilbo screamed at Gandalf
The rangers made Gandalf stand outside and the rangers bandaged Bilbo and Amara enough to get them to Bree where they saw healers and recovered. When both awakened they refused to see Gandalf. Gandalf would not see either Bilbo nor Amara for nearly twenty years when he desperately wanted the help of the two siblings.