Ver. En

Mister Jones, a man from a high family, was tasked with investigating a case at the Argrid family mansion. There was a rumor about the family that a demon possessed one of the family members a decade ago and that going on for generations. Having already solved more than one case, he did not give up and took the time to learn about the demon that might haunt this family. Persuade that it was not an evil possession. The morning came and Mister Jones had to drive to the scene of the investigation. The mansion being far away from the city, he needed a part of the day to get there. He set out, alone on his horse, he had to cross a thick, dark and lugubrous forest where few people passed by. The closer he got, the thicker fog appeared, even if it was daylight, we could have been swore it was night. Moreover, the trees until now green of life, became more darker and naked, without their leafs. Mister Jones felt the atmosphere change.

'How can they live in a place like this?', he thought. 'It's like another world...'.

He continued to walking and the sounds of unexpected raptors gave him chills.

'We are almost there', he said to reassuring himself, while he stroking his horse.

They arrived in front of a dilapidated wall, probably for lack of maintenance.

'The mansion is much bigger than I imagined', he thought. He got off his destrier and seized his reins to guide him.

He tied it to an old dead tree trunk and then walked to the door. He grabbed the knocker and tossed three times. While he waited for someone to open the door to him, he looked outside the house. The door in front of him was dark and gigantic, growing Mister Jones' anxiety. A sound from the lock was heard and the door opened in a loud squeak, letting a man of age appear. He was dressed as a butler and looked at Mister Jones with a contemptuous look.

'Who are you?', the old man asked.

'Mr. Jones, nice to meet you. I was contacted by a letter from Mrs. Argrid a few days ago asking me to clarify the strange phenomena occurring in the house, which gradually makes disappear the family's staff '.

'We were waiting for you, come in', said the butler.

When Mister Jones came in, he found it extremely dark, and almost as cold as outside. The family employee closed the door and say with an head move at Mister Jones to following him. Everything was old and dusty. Mister Jones thought he was going to take his seat in the living room, but no, the butler continued his way up stairs down into a basement. The only light was the two men with a torch, which the butler held firmly.

'Where are we?', asked Mister Jones.

'In the catacombs of the Argrid family and its staff'

'Is the family close to you and the rest of the employees?'.

'Yes Mrs Argrid takes good care of us, we have a lot of respect for her and her daughter'.

Mister Jones saw an employee trying to lift a coffin to the ground.

'Let me help you', he said.

'Thank you very much', the employee replied.

They carried the coffin to the designated location, and the employee greeted Mister Jones and went to perform other duties.

'Who is what we have just carried?'.

'Miss Argrid's housekeeper, she passed away recently...' said the old man with an unfortunate air.

'Oh... Excuse me...'.

'It's nothing', the butler replied with a slight smile.

'I need to see Mrs. Argrid and her daughter', he said firmly.

The butler tells her that Mrs. Argrid is not there yet but that she will be back soon and that she has instructed him to explain past events.

'The lineage of the devil's descendants stopped at Mrs. Argrid's mother, at least that's what we think, but her daughter's behavior has been very strange for some time...'

'What were the symptoms of a possessed person?'

'I- I don't know, Mrs. Argrid doesn't talk to us about this kind of thing...' he stammered.

'Where is her daughter?', asked Mister Jones directly.

'In his room, Mister'.

The two men hurried up and headed for Miss Argrid's room, until he heard a howl coming from the library.

'Mrs. Argrid...', said the butler with a terrified look in his face.

They both ran to the place of the screams and found Mrs. Argrid, pale in terror, continuing to scream. Mister Jones followed Mrs. Argrid's gaze while the butler took care of her.

There he saw a young woman head down on his victim, whom she had just strangled. She was not in her normal state and you could see that, her face was distorted by an evil smile. When she raised her head, Mister Jones understand it was not a simple woman, but it's an horrible creatures where two horns from which blood was dripping at the ends of the thing's forehead. She looked him straight in the eye, eyes whose iris were bright red, standing on all fours like a beast, having nothing human anymore. He tried to speak to her, but she grumbled and then uttered words similar to those of a satanic language.

Mister Jones approached her gently, trembling with all his being, and then she threw herself on him causing their fall backwards. She grasped his arm with a force too unreal for that of a woman of her age and size. Her hands were covered in blood, her nails had turned black and sharp almost like claws and her veins were coming out of her arms much more than normal. She tackled Mister Jones' back on the old carpet of the library and began to strangle him. He tried to wrestle, but again, she's too powerful.

Mrs. Argrid, who until now, was in shock, broke free from the butler and rushed, shouting words that Mister Jones did not hear well, but he understood the 'Elizabeth Argrid' which corresponded to the name of Mrs. Argrid's daughter, whom he had read in the newspapers archives shortly before travelling. Mrs. Argrid tried to free him from Elizabeth's grip, but she was too strong. The voices of the three persons present began to blur, her ears began to whistle, and one of the last things Mister Jones understood was that this woman, Elisabeth Argrid, was the new descendant of this family.