Youngest Raghuvamshi

The newly designated interim king is returning to his chamber after the lengthy court session. His majestic steps slowed down as some lingering thoughts filled his heart.

The racy and carefree youngest lad of the reputed family is now coerced to be the mature and responsible king.

The one who screams and gets his work done is now rushing to satisfy the needs of his subjects.

The naughty and pampered prince is now being the only support and relief to his broken family.

Things changed in a day...

"My happy family is completely shattered now...
How am I to bring back that cheer?

The noble king whom the people admire the most is no more today... How will I fill his space?

The mothers' ever-smiling angelic face that could heal all my troubles in a second is no where to be found. How will I recoup those heavenly smiles?

The inseparable brothers got scattered in different directions.

A brother wished to fulfil his mother's desire,

Another chose to follow his eldest as a shadow,

The other marked to stay away from responsibilities.

How am I to live with royal comforts while my brothers are exiled?

How will I live a happy married life while my sisters lead a life of penance?

Why am I not allowed to do what I wish?

Why did my feelings go unnoticed?

Why did my family deny my choice of following my brothers' footsteps?

Why didn't they know, I wish to remain their sassy and pampered brother always?"

The musings of his ruptured heart were cut in by the humble voice of a guard remembering him the court gathering to be presided.

The youngest Raghuvamshi let out a weary chuckle and made a move leaving behind his childlike longings.

The incarnated form of Maha Vishnu's Sudarshana Chakra marched to fulfil its destined duties.

Note:

This point of view of shatrugan is my imagination. Being the youngest he would have not expected that he will be take all those responsibility over his head. So, this sudden change and his state of mind is tried as an drabble. Always open for your suggestions and comments!!!

With love
Kalki