Author's Foreword

Here you go!

No, seriously. No strings attached. No paranoid copyright ramblings and promises of retribution if you "steal" from this collection.

I actually WANT you to use these prompts.

The internet has no shortage of story prompts meant to help you kickstart your creativity.

Too bad most of them are obviously generated by bots. Just look at Twitter. Many a prompt-centric account is shamelessly manned by software 100%. I mean if that works for you, great.

But when I look at those automatically assembled "ideas," they seem to be lacking something.  Random is good, but good stories need a slight element of cohesion and direction besides chaos.

Here are prompts that generated myself by rolling dice on handwritten tables, writing down the results, and then vomiting out the first story concepts that come to mind.

If you follow me on Twitter and Instagram, you will have seen these before. The prompts contained here appear on my social media first, then here.

But it's just nice to have them all together on one place, where you don't have to sift through the toxic waste clogging the pipes of all the social platforms.

I'm not worried about credit. As you will have noticed, I have no shortage of ideas. I'm not going to demand that you credit me in print for inspiring you.

But if I did have to ask you for something in return, please notify me of any story you write based on my prompts so I can read it and see how your imagination worked it out. 😌😊

So without further ado, I present to you horror story prompts that are thought-made, not bot-made. Happy creating!