Chapter Three: Never Show Your Face

You sit backstage with your arms folded tightly against your chest as your hair and makeup are done. While most understand your frustration, your best friend is determined to snap you out of it. "I mean come on. Ricochet is hot!" Shotzi says sitting beside you.

"I don't care if he's Adonis. When I see Damian I'm going to tell him where he can shove his ego." You pout. Damian vanished before you could give him hell. One week later, you're still mad.

The door opens and in walks Damian carrying a bouquet of white roses. He dumps them on your lap and kneels before you like that of a knight before a queen. The other women gasp at the action. You however are far from weak knee'ed. A fact you demonstrate when you stand and attempt to slap him, he catches your hand and gently places a kiss on it. When he places said hand on his chest the temperature in the room seems to go up at least 10 degrees.

"That's our queue!" Shotzi says. Her and the women flee to give you and him privacy, granted they're right outside listening.

"I don't want your romantics. You can't just offer somebody to somebody else for something you want, even still I'm not yours to offer!" You say.

He seems disappointed his show of affection failed. It'd usually have women in his arms by now. "I had to accept. You want what's best for me don't you?" He asks.

"Yes because that's my job! This isn't what I signed up for." You answer.

"Then let me prove myself. I'll beat Ricochet and make you believe......Believe in the archer of infamy." He says moving his hands with his nickname.

You scoff and throw the roses at him. Before you can reach the door he puts his arms around your waist halting your exit, "Why can't you see the stars aligning?" He asks resting his chin on your head.

"The only stars aligning are the superstars lining up to kick your butt when you lose to Ricochet." You say. You snatch away from him and leave. Only to find the women scrambling to get away from the door outside. "What are you all doing?" You ask. "Nothing!" They all answer.

You sigh and continue on to prepare for the night. The show is stacked and there's alot of matches building up to the next Takeover. NXT Takeover: Redemption. On top of that the Royal Rumble is coming and after that it's Wrestlemania. Everyone wants the call up so they're trying their best to be the best. Finn just came back down and has already won the NXT title so defeating him is almost a sure ticket up. Adam Cole is fighting him at Takeover but Ricochet having a briefcase makes him one to watch. However, Ricochet was sent down too. Meaning a clean win against him AND the briefcase would be perfect for Damian. But you doubt he could beat him. Ricochet is high energy, Damian is honestly lazy. That is his sole weakness. That and you're mad at him.

While you watch the show Ricochet appears in a suit and tie, "Hello London." He greets. "You've got some nerve trying to force me to manage you after I turned you down." You say. He seems taken aback, as you hoped.

"London, I'm only trying to protect you. Damian can't get you where you want to be, I can. Listen, I'm heading back to Smackdown after I cash in. I'm going to show them what a real champ looks like and represent NXT at Wrestlemania. You can come too, if you join me." He offers.

"Why me? Of all the women here?" You ask. He smiles, "Isn't it obvious, we're a perfect couple." He flirts. He moves behind you, "Close your eyes and imagine." He begins.

"Me and you. The next Edge and Lita, the Booker T and Sharmell, The Miz and Maryse. We win titles together, we headline PPVs together. You go to the top and win the Women's Championship.

And The New Smackdown Women's Champion, London Grey!" He announces.

"How can you get me those things when you couldn't get them yourself?" You ask. He's shocked, again. You turn to him, "If you want me you earn me, just like that title you want so badly. I deserve just the same respect." You say. You leave hoping your words struck a cord. They didn't. He just watches you walk away entirely mesmerized by you. The conversation leaves him so flustered he's adamant now. He HAS to defeat Damian and win you as his prize.

~ Continue Reading Below ~

Damian's match nears and you're dressed down by Zelina Vega and Shotzi

Damian's match nears and you're dressed down by Zelina Vega and Shotzi. Your two friends who love you, though they love arguing too. "And these!" Shotzi says showing a pair of skull earrings. "Ew no! Those clash with her pink body suit!" Zelina replies. Shotzi pouts. "I love them." You say. Shotzi gleefully places them in your ears.

"Why am I wearing Pink anyway, Damian wears black." You ask. "Because you're the beautiful prize these men are fighting over." Zelina says blissfully. "It's actually the briefcase for Damian though." Shotzi whispers to her. She elbows her. "Anyway! You have to look drop dead stunning because this match is trending and the more people that see you the more popular you'll be. That's how you get called up as a manager." She says.

"Who do you want to manage anyway?" Shotzi asks curiously. You think about her question, "I don't know." You answer. The girls accept your choice. As the time draws close you leave them to meet Damian at Gorilla. Though you're sidetracked when Bayley appears out of nowhere and viciously attacks you. You're no match for the Smackdown champion and are quickly defeated and left badly beaten in the hallway.

You hear Bayley laughing. She lifts your face by your hair, "This is what happens to Golden Prospects. You girls always want to come up and steal what isn't yours but you can't take a little heat. My advice, stay in NXT and never show your face anywhere I am." She hisses. She releases your hair and leaves you there.

The entirety of the attack appeared on the screen before Damian and Ricochet.