Chapter 9- Georgia

I furrowed my brows while I gained consciousness. I felt a soft bed underneath my body, and I was a little surprised to feel it. I had never woken up in a bed before, my father leaving me where he left me after he had his fun.

There was this beeping noise that was so annoying, and I couldn't get away from it. I tried to move, but it felt like my body was immobile, like something was constricting me from moving.

Panic started to seep in as I thought that the old man had finally done it. I was dead, and my brother and sister were left that monster that we had to call our father.

The beeping noise grew louder and more frantic while I tried to fight to open my eyes or move. I had no idea what was happening to me, but the thought of anyone hurting my brother and sister scared me to no end.

"Georgie!" someone exclaimed, panicking. "Open your eyes. Come on, please, open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and sat up gasping for air, flinging whoever was holding me towards the wall. Frantically, I looked around, trying to see where I was and find my brother and sister.

"Holy shit," someone groaned, and I instantly looked that way. Ashlyn was rubbing the back of her head and grimacing with a nurse near her. "I am fine, Laurene," she said, and the nurse backed off.

Instantly, I looked down and tensed, waiting to be struck. I had no idea how I had been able to throw her across the room like that, not knowing if the secret training had made me stronger. "I-I'm sorry, Alpha," I said, submitting.

Ash waved me off, standing. "Don't be," she said. Hesitantly, she moved towards me, her eyes trained on me as if she was seeing an injured animal that she had to be wary of.

I watched as she walked towards me, my eyes wide. My heart pounded in my chest, and the machine went berserk while I tried to keep my panic at bay.

Ash walked to the edge of the bed and sat down, her gaze never leaving me. She looked me up and down, making sure that I was ok, looking hesitant. Her hand twitched as if she wanted to hold my hand but knowing that I might not want to.

I stared at her hand, debating with myself. I had this urge to grab her hand that was so strong that it scared me. I wanted to be touched and loved, but then again, I was so scared of being touched because I only knew love like the back of someone's hand.

However, the bond between us was strengthening. We hadn't rejected each other, so the urge to be near her, to be wanted by her, was becoming stronger, and I knew that there would be a chance I would have to accept my fate and accept her.

"Georgie," Ash said softly, and I looked at her to see what she wanted. She offered me a grim smile, this guilt appearing in her eyes as if she was guilty of what she had and had not done. "What all do you remember?"

I looked at my hands, not really wanting to meet her gaze. They shook without any self-control, the fear making my body tremble.

Ash sighed softly and placed her hand on top of mine, not even caring about the other person in the room. Her touch was warm and brought me the comfort that I needed, even though I longed to have my brother and sister near me.

"They're safe," Ash said, catching my panicked look with wide eyes and my mouth parted. "They are with Max. He's dead; he can't hurt you or them anymore."

He's dead. He's dead. Those words circled around my mind while I sighed and leaned back against the pillows. I'm free.

A wave of exhaustion and relief filled my body, and I closed my eyes before opening them. I stared into the brilliant eyes of my mate while she watched me with pursed lips, concern filling her eyes. "How?" I asked, my voice hoarse.

"I killed him," she replied. Her grip on my hand tightened but not enough to hurt me. "I killed that bastard that had harmed you. He will not be able to touch you or your siblings any longer."

I hesitated and nodded my head. I was grateful that she had killed him, but I was scared that it meant she would harm my siblings if they accidentally hurt me.

"Hey," Ash said, squeezing my hand. She studied me as if she knew what I was thinking. "I will not hurt your siblings," she promised. "I had killed him because..." She shook her head, pain flashing across her face as she took in a deep, quivering breath. "He was standing over you with a knife. He was about to kill you, so I killed him first. I will do anything to protect you. You will not have to be alone any longer. I promise."