twelve

twelve

_____ 🌿 _____

JUNGKOOK'S MIND IS REELING, FLICKING THROUGH HIS PAST ACTIONS FROM ALMOST TWO WEEKS AGO, AND HE'S NOT A HUNDRED PERCENT SURE HOW HE'S SUPPOSED TO FEEL ABOUT THEM. He doesn't quite understand the full nature of his sensual actions - he does understand the horny aspect; with his rut clouding his mind, it wasn't hard to see why he reacted the way he did with Taehyung. But now that his rut was over and his body wasn't thinking of a constant release, his mind was still hazy with lust. Even after the incident, his body still craved the older, wanting him close more than just sexually. He's greatly confused, and so, not quite comfortable with returning to school, he'd taken the rest of the week off to clear his mind further. Jungkook had a funny feeling that he might know why this was happening to him, and chose to ignore it, hoping that it would go away in due time. However, as Monday rolled around, the feeling hadn't gone away, and he knew he couldn't avoid it any longer. He needed to apologize to Taehyung, and then maybe he could be at peace.

His mind is still reeling as he slipped out of his afternoon class. Mates. The word wouldn't leave him alone, and Jungkook wished he knew more about his kind. He hated having to rely on the internet for answers. He doesn't want to think about there being a possibility that that's what Taehyung was, and he was too scared to bring it up to Jimin. He doesn't know how he would even approach the idea, and he most certainly cannot talk to Taehyung about it without him thinking he was insane. He's on his own for this.

Jungkook tries not to think about it as he searches the campus for Taehyung. He felt like a coward, skipping this morning's lecture, but at the last minute, he couldn't face him. He wished that it had been easier to ignore his Alpha. You're drawn to him, there's no denying it. There's nothing you can do that will change how you feel. You want him, you need him.

Jungkook tried his hardest to ignore his Alpha.

It takes him a while to find him. His scent is faint from all the rain they'd been having, but when he does, he finds him alone in the library, tucked away in that same corner, curled up in the window sill reading. He's trying not to be distracted by Taehyung, but it's hard when he looks that good. His hair is styled neatly, the dark locks framing his face nicely, and he's drooling over the way the top buttons of his shirt are undone, and the way his sleeves are rolled up to the elbows, exposing his porcelain skin. He's dumbstruck by his beauty and he hates the fact that his Alpha is right. He doesn't want to believe it, but he can sense it.

It isn't until Taehyung looks at him with those piercing eyes that he truly knows. He's hit by a wave of emotions as he meets his gaze, and Jungkook is suddenly aware of how much he missed him. He doesn't understand how he was strong enough to stay away before because it takes every ounce of his strength not to throw himself at Taehyung like a desperate omega. He wants nothing more than to be wrapped up in Taehyung's arms, and to hold him close, which only scares him further. Why am I like this? Why him?

It doesn't help that Taehyung seemed to be feeling the same way as him. He's discarding his book in seconds, and rising from the window sill, one arm outstretched to him. Jungkook immediately turned his head away. If he touched him, he wouldn't be strong enough to resist him anymore. It would hurt to stay away. "Don't touch me," he pleads, in a soft voice. He'd be lying if he said he didn't want this. He wants Taehyung to touch him more than anything, because he knows for the first time in forever, it won't be because he's sexually attracted to him, and just wants to have some fun. He knows that this is going to be very different.

Part of him is thankful that Taehyung ignores him, and presses his face against his own. Jungkook gasped. Taehyung's scent hits him full force, and it's more powerful than before. He still smells like the earth, but the scent of cranberries and wine are now mixed in, and he's addicted. He isn't even thinking as he hands slid up his chest, tugging softly on his shirt.