Chapter 27: Bonus

~A month and a half later~

“Avery honey it's time to get,” I called out as I stood at the entrance of our bathroom door. I was rubbing a towel across my wet hair with another one wrapped around my waist.

“Can't I sleep just a little while longer babe?” She replies in a sleepy state while rubbing her hand across her seven and a half month pregnant belly.

“Not today honey. Your mom and mine are already downstairs about to run the cater and Emily crazy about how they want things done.”

“Well let me rest for another fifteen minutes.” She whined.

“No babe. You and I both know that fifteen minutes will turn into two hours.” I utter.

“I promise you I'll get up in fifteen minutes.” She pleads while pulling the comforter up over her head. Walking over to the bed I gently pulled the covers from over her head then lifted her into my arms and placed her on her feet.

“You're so mean,” Avery says while giving me the evil eye.

“But you still love me anyway.” I cockily responded with a smile on my face then placed her on her feet.

“Little one your dad must hate your mom.” She states as she rubs her stomach in a circular motion.

Kneeling on my knees I kissed her protruding belly. This has become my routine every morning for the past month and a half since not having to worry about some psycho trying to harm my family. Every morning before getting out of bed and going to check on Asher and Alexia I would talk to my unborn son or daughter. Every night I would read him or her “The House Of Royalty'' with the twins piled on the bed in between Avery and me.

Avery and I have chosen not to know the sex of our baby. We wanted it to be a surprise for both of us. To me, it didn't matter. All I wanted was for him or her to be healthy. “Little one your Mommie is talking crazy,” I say to her belly then kiss it once again.

“You and your daddy are being mean to me, huh?” She asked after feeling a hard, swift kick while my hand was rubbing her stomach.

“We're not being mean. We're just showing you how much we love you, honey,” I say then grabbed a pair of red boxers out of the top drawer and a white t-shirt.  I walked over to the walk-in closet and pulled a yellow polo shirt off the hanger and slipped it on over the white t-shirt.  Next, I put on my black cargo shorts then began to search through the closet for my white and yellow Adidas.

“Daddy… Mommy…” I hear Asher call out as he enters our bedroom.

“I'm in here buddy,” I yelled from the closet. He bombs rushed my leg with a tight hug. Seconds later Alexia raced into the room and did the same thing to my other leg.  Asher then releases my leg then holds his arms for his mom to pick him up who was now standing at the closet entrance. “Mommie can't hold you right now buddy,” I told him then scooped him and his sister up in my arms.