XXII

Revion got up from the bed. The rest of the day had been spent back in their room where Elise had said she felt safe despite everything that had happened. He was reluctant to leave her but he knew he had to take a look at what he had been told to way earlier in the day.

He left a note to his mate and tied it with a red satin ribbon the the bedpost for if she woke up and saw he was gone.

In the note he told her that he was quickly going to do some work and if she felt unsafe or unstable at all or even if she just felt uncomfortable he wanted her to go to Lauren's room.

The walk to Lauren's room was not that far. Even if he did not want Elise risking her health with her injuries, there was no bone damage. He would much rather have had her in a little bit of pain than have her in her bed alone and feeling helpless. She needed to be with someone if something happened. Then at least she would feel safer.

He placed a final goodnight kiss on her forehead before slipping a pillow between her arms in his place. The large pillows made up for the missing space and were covered in his scent.

He grinned as she squeezed the pillow tight.

He left the room and quietly closed the door before making his way to Justin and Chandler who were keeping the information he apparently needed.

They were just lounging about in front of a fire in one of the sitting rooms when he arrived.

"Hey Chandler you owe me 50," Justin said motioning to the clock.

Chandler rolled his eyes and slapped a note in his friend's hand.

"I meant 50 gold coins."

"You never specified that and I thought we were working with the modern system. Anyway 50 gold coins is really a lot. Do you expect me to have that on me?"

"You two bet on when I would be arriving?"

"What did you expect us to do? You're pretty tied up with your mate."

"She's my queen and my world," Revion replied.

"Well that's sweet. Now let's get on to business. What we found is not exactly pretty—"

"What do you mean not exactly pretty? Just show me what you found."

"Chandler lead the way to your room," Justin laughed receiving a glare from Chandler.

"This better not be another stupid prank. Your governess never recovered from that one prank," Reviom groaned.

"Its not a prank," Chandler muttered.

Revion opened the door to Chandler's room and his eyes went wide.

"See not exactly pretty," Justin muttered.

"You—"

"Yep we found her," Chandler said.

"You found René and you said nothing!"

"No. I said to Justin that we found her. After that of course we took her to my room and for extra measure we uh tied her up," Chandler said.

"You two are idiots! That girl needs medical treatment. She fell out of a window and has been missing! Oh I'm so glad Elise didn't find her. She would have had a worse breakdown," Revion muttered.

"So are you relieved or angry. I can't really tell?" Chandler said.

"I am furious with you. Untie her and take her to the medical room now. She has valuable information and if she is not dead there is a chance we can still get that information!" Revion exclaimed.

Revion watched them as they untied an unconscious René and carried her out of the room. He needed to get her treated and cleaned up before Elise saw anything.

He felt relief. Elise was going to be so happy but at the same time. René had attacked Elise and tried to kill her. He was worried about how Elise would react. She would probably be terrified of René. If René wanted vengeance it would definitely be on Elise.

He waited outside the infirmary for any information on the girl who had attempted to commit murder and had managed to commit more than one count of treason.

His head was in his hands as he ran over masses of possibilities. How was he going to tell Elise that they had found René? How would Elise react?

His heart was racing. He was terrified, the possibility of everything falling apart, just after he had managed to fix it, scared him. He hated the idea of Elise being scared or hurt again.

Truth be told. He himself was scared. He was scared for himself. René had gotten a hold of a poison, or as Elise had called a drug, but he preferred poison. The exact poison that had made him sleep for over five hundred years. There was no doubt that the source had to be the same or else the poison would be wide spread.

He didn't want to fall asleep for so long again. He did not want to be lying helpless. Elise would be alone and if the person who supplied the poison had a vendetta against him they could do exactly what René did. They could would target Elise and he would be powerless to stop them.

He had to get answers. He had to stop the poison from ever being used again and his only trail was René. If she died then it would be over. He would not be able to keep Elise and himself safe from that kind of danger.

He didn't want to think of anymore possibilities but he couldn't help it. What would happen to Elise?

What if they wanted him to suffer? What if they instead used it on her and took her away from him to a place he could never find her? He wouldn't be able to bear such a thing. How would he survive knowing she would never escape but he would never find her. Eventually he would die and she would keep sleeping on and on.

He shook his head. He needed to stop being negative.

The door opened.

"Your highness we have managed to do all we can. The girl is stabilized for the time being."

"Perfect. I'll take her then."

"She is not awake."

"You said she was stable?"

"Stabilized. That means not dying. To be honest with the injuries she has sustained she might not ever wake up. She is in a coma."

A/N

This chapter is dedicated to CaitlintheCoolCat
Thanks for the ideas and contribution to this chapter.

Thanks for all your support and 60k reads and over 2k votes. You are all amazing. I love you all.

Quick question:

1. What is your favourite animal?

(Other than a wolf because that's obvious considering you are literally reading a werewolf book)

2. What is the funniest or stupidest thing you have ever done?

(For me it was falling out a tree and breaking my arm and nose when I was 11)