CHAPTER 22. VERUM ALPHA

MALIA'S POV

Malia was aware that she passed out after the shot. She couldn't move. Now she was slowly regaining her senses. Her head was spinning. "They...they put me asleep, these bastards. Okay, there's no time to insult, now get up!" She thought.

"MALIA? Malia you hear me? Please wake up!" She heard a voice calling her and she immediately recognized it. Tora, it was her, she knew it for sure. She found her. Whitout knowing Malia just smiled as it was over. It wasn't over at all. First, she needed to reach her, she needed to touch her and to let her know that she was there.

Malia slowly started moving her body and fortunately her strenght was turning back. She raised herself onto her arms and with another effort she got to her feet. At first, she staggered a little but recovered her balance almost immediately. There was a very strong blue light. She covered her eyes with her right arm as she took a scan around. There she was.

"TORA! ARE YOU OKAY?" She screamed in the very moment her eyes saw Tora's cute little sad face. "MALIA! YES I'M OKAY! WHAT ABOUT YOU? AH THEY TOOK LILITH TOO!" She answered back. Malia could feel the fear in her voice. "DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME! HOW'S LILITH?" She didn't answer right away but then "SHE'S STILL UNCONSCIOS! I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING I'M SORRY!" She started crying and Malia just couldn't accept it. Tora was scared and she had to do something.

She tried to run to her when a stabbing pain like a burn hit her all over her body. "ARGH...UGH DAMN IT!" Malia fall onto her knees and looked at her arms: they were red like she was burned. It hurted like a bitch but fortunately she was already healing. "What the hell just happened." She whispered.

"MALIA?! WHAT HAPPENED?" She heard Tora reacting to her moans of pain. "I DUNNO YET BUT I WILL FIND OUT AND I WILL COME TO YOU I PROMISE!" Malia reassured her. Actually she had an idea but...it wasn't sure. Suddenly the door opened and four men entered in the room.

"Well well, look who's awake!" the shortest one said smirking at Malia and then at Tora. Malia looked at all of them and with her surprise she found herself thinking about one stupid damn thing she hated to admit "These guys...they are pret NO NO MALIA WHAT THE HELL!" She closed her eyes shut for then reopen them.

"Are we sure she's a true born Alpha? I want the evidence." Said one of them. He was interesting. No wait no time for that. Malia growled at him while he started walking towards a table next to where Tora was chained and pushed some buttoms of a strange instrument. She couldn't see well.

In that moment a whistle filled the room and a spark came out of the strange instrument. It was then that Malia understood. She followed with her eyes the chains to which Tora was tied. Her breath caught when she saw that they had connected it to a device that could discharge over 2000 V.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HER!" Malia growled, showing her fangs as she strucked him with red eyes. In that moment Lilith woke up, Malia could see her head had moved. Lilith slowly raised her gaze an met Tora's face. "TORA! NO WAIT WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" She screamed in anger and shock.

In that moment the young man who was standing next to that device, turned a knob "Let's start easily mh?" he smirked at Malia while an electric shock was released on Tora's body as she screamed and writhed in pain. "AAAHHG....STOP PLEASE...AAGH..." She screamed out crying out loud making Malia's heart crushed. She couldn't just stay there and watch.

"May I try a little higher?" he turned the knob more, increasing the discharge. Tora screamed even more. Her fangs were showing, her eyes were glooming in blue and from her hand blood was dripping from the wounds caused by the claws stucked in the palms.

"STOP! PLEASE, YOU'RE GONNA KILL HER STOP!" Lilith cryied out pulling the chains trying to broke free. Useless of course. They were in trap. No. Malia refused to think like that. She put her arms forward and with her hands she leaned against the invisible wall that separated her from the others.

Her hands immediately began to burn and as she increased her strength, burns formed on her skin and went up her arms. It hurted like hell but Malia didn't give the impression of giving up. While gritting her teeth she pushed harder again and again. Her eyes glowed red and she roared. She roared with all the air in her lungs as the burns reached her shoulders.

One of the men was coming towards Malia staring at her with his red eyes. Nobody would stopped her, pack of Alphas or not. "Jimin don't! I wanna see if she is what we thought she would be." The one who shot Malia said to him as he stopped in his way to her.

The pain was unberable, she was getting tired. Malia was about to broke down when a new strenght invaded her body. She knew what it was, it was Tora. When she roared she awoke her wolf instinct and...the pack is stronger when we are together.

Malia felt her muscles gain strength again, the burns slowed their rush to her back, her senses were refining and it was in that moment that with a last big strong push, she finally broke through the silver circle.