Chapter 3

I'm sorry if this story is kinda bad, but I'm only just starting it. Stick with me please...

This class sucks ass. I'm dying inside from boredom and being in your boring head sure as hell doesn't help.

" Can you please not bother me right now?" I say in my head. I can hear Tina huff in the back of my mind. I can also hear a slight growling coming from somewhere again. And now I'm being stared at like my hair is on fire or something.

Let's be smart for a second and hope that you realize that you are the one growling.

" Shit." I say, and I immediately quiet down. How in the hell was I growling and why? But I don't care now because the bell is now ringing. And guess who's the first voice I hear?

Yay, class is over. Now go find Kayden. She needs us.

Really Tina? I think I got this. I can keep my promises unlike some people. Hint hint. But I still run out through the hallways trying to find Kayden, with no luck. Where could she be? Then all of a sudden, I see her walking into the cafeteria.

Time to shine sweetheart. Let's go get our mate.

" Really with this mate thing again? Let's hop off that subject." I say as I walk into the cafeteria slowly. And then there's that low growling again, ecxept a bit louder this time. And let me explain why:

I walk in to the lunchroom to see Kayden surrounded by a bunch of "fans". And to make things worse, they started pulling her to their table, increasing my weird growling.

Get away from him NOW. I will rip you all to shreds then shove your shreds up your skanky asses.

But it all stopped when Kayden's eyes snapped to mine, making me gasp, whine, and involuntarily shiver. Kayden planted her feet firmly, so the tugging stopped. They all stopped to see what was wrong with her being that no one has ever rejected sitting at their table.

I did what my mind told me and sat at my table, alone and fuming. But a few seconds later, the cafeteria went dead silent. Being my nosy self, I stood up and turned around. Much to my surprise, I hit headfirst into a solid but soft chest.

Mate. Oooh she smells so good like vanilla and pine. I could do this forever.

I step back and look up into Kayden's eyes, feeling my anger immediately go away. How could this girl make me feel these things so suddenly? She smiled down at me, one of those million dollar- I'm a movie star- smiles. She wraps her hands around my neck making tingles run up and down my body, and putting me into momentary shock. But I steadily wrap my arms around her waist, seeing as this just felt right. I lean my head onto her chest and breathe in her scent. Scent. Really Riley?

She whispers in my ear ever so slowly, " I'm so sorry for earlier and now. I know you may not understand, but I only have eyes for you." And I sigh at her words, just as she takes my hands, intertwines our fingers, and walks me out of the cafeteria. Both of us oblivious to the stares, whispers, and looks from the entire student body.

* * *

Kayden's P.O.V

I could sense her as soon as she walked into the cafeteria. And I remember my first real encounter with her when I found out she was my mate. She met my eyes and immediately my wolf, Lucia, wanted to mark her right then. I refrained myself by running to the bathroom, but not before seeing her hurt and shocked look plastered into her face. Lucia immediately gave me hell right then.

If you don't let her know you care sooner- not later- I will make you claw your own eyes out. Step to it asshole.

See what I mean?

*Present*

Like I said, as soon as she was in the cafeteria, I felt her, and I could slightly feel her mood. She was angry as hell. I turned away from the people that dragged me, only to meet her eyes. I could see that she immediately softened her anger, but only slightly. She walked to a table and sat down. Wanting to be near her, no, NEEDING to be near her, I walked over to her and stood there as the cafeteria went deathly silent. I was about to say something, when I was cut off by her action.

She stood up and slammed headfirst into my chest. I froze for a second, then before I decided against it, I wrapped my arms around her neck, pulling her close, and breathing in her scent. She smelled of strawberries and blossoms. She stood completely still for a second before putting her arms around my waist. I sighed and whispered in her ear, " I'm sorry for earlier and now. I know you may not understand, but I only have eyes for you."

I could feel her completely relax, and then I took her hand, intertwine our fingers, and led her out of the cafeteria.

Tbaby2801:

I know this was short and quick, but my, wasn't it just eventful. Comment on your favorite quotes and leave me any suggestions about the story. Thanks. I love all of those who gave my book a chance and read these first few chapters.