✦14✦ - World War Three

Chapter Fourteen
World War Three

*---*---*---*---*---*

Emma ran up to the Doctor and ripped his ID card off his neck, the electrical currents not affecting her one bit as Fury and Coulson drew their guns out at the revealed Slitheen.

"Deadly to humans, maybe," the Doctor growled as he took the ID card from Emma and shoved it at the Slitheen's collar. Electrical currents ran through it, even affecting the 'acting' Prime Minister. Cries and screams of agony filled the room. He turned to Emma and checked her, "are you alright?"

"Angel, remember?"

"Yes, you are," he grinned and grabbed her hand pulling her out of the room with Coulson and Fury on their tails.

"Why do I get the impression that this is a daily reoccurrence for you?" Coulson shouted.

"That's because it is," Emma replied.

"Sometimes hourly!" the Doctor called back gleefully, skidding to a stop in the main hall where a room full of officers stood guard. "Oi! he clapped his hands and they all turned to him. "If you want aliens, you've got them. They're inside Downing Street. Come on!" He spun around and pulled Emma along back the way they came.

"I understand why you're with him now!" Fury stated to Emma as they ran. "You Winchesters, you can never stay out of trouble, can you?"

"Not something in our vocabulary, I'm afraid."

They ran back into the conference room and quickly came to a halt, the Slitheen back in its meat suit most likely with the Prime Minister's help.

"Where have you been?" he demanded and quickly dropped his hands from fixing the General's uniform. "I called for help. I sounded the alarm. There was this lightning, this kind of... er electricity, and... uh, they all collapsed!" he not so smoothly lied.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me," Emma muttered under her breath.

One of the officers looked up from checking one of the UNIT men, "I think they're all dead."

"That's what I'm saying!" the Prime Minister exclaimed taking an intimidating step forward. He then turned and pointed at the Doctor, Emma, Coulson, and Fury. "They did it. Those four there!"

"Now wait just a damn minute!" Fury yelled at them and the officers turned to face them, guns at the ready.

"I think you'll find the Prime Minister is an alien in disguise," the Doctor informed. He looked at Emma as the police raised their guns even higher. "That's never going to work, is it?"

"Nope," she replied.

"Fair enough," he commented, grabbing Emma's hand again and pushing Fury and Coulson. "Run!"

"I just had serious Deja Vu," she remarked and the Doctor shot her a smile.

They sprinted out of the main room and down the hall, officers right behind them, and as soon as they rounded the corner more officers appeared in front of them. Coulson brought his gun up in defense, Fury doing the same opposite him while both the Doctor and Emma held their hands up in surrender.

"Under the jurisdiction of the Emergency Protocols," the 'General' squeezed himself through the officers, "I authorize you to execute these four!"

"Sir, on your order," Coulson stated, his eyes darting from side to side tensely.

"This is no longer a SHIELD operation," Fury cursed under his breath, hoping to try and avoid a national incident between countries. "Doctor?"

"Well now, yes, you see," he started, slowly backing them up against the wall. "The thing is, uh... if I was you. If I was going to execute people by backing them up against the wall, between you and me, a little word of advice." There was a ding sound from behind them and the elevator doors slid open. "Don't stand them against the lift!" he smiled.